• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FT Needing Some Tractor Input

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Kioti now, few years old. I prefer Kubota but did not need it enough to pay Kubota price this time.
The kioti is fine for general use. The real challenge is getting the right size with any brand. It looks big enough until you try to pickup something heavy and find out

I have a Branson 4720 and I have mixed feelings about it. Especially since the water pump is shot and a new one is $500. Parts are hard to find from aftermarket distributors too.

I’ll bid tree fiiddy! Just kidding

i hope you find the parts you need

We bought a LX2601 Kubota about 4 months ago, never knew how much we could get done with a tractor. Can't believe we have lived up here in the mountains for 10 years on almost 20 acres and didn't have one. They picked it up on Monday and attached the backhoe, it was a four month wait for it.

How much land and what are you trying to do with it. Are you going to tow it? How much weight will you lift with it? Once you start using one you'll find more things to do with it. An old man once told me to get one of the big 4, Kubota, John Deer, Massey Ferguson or New Holland. The next thing is will you be using hydraulic ran equipment? You'll want to make sure your pump will have plenty of volume. Weight is your friend. Once you get into 6' and larger implements, the price starts going up significantly. 4x4 will give almost twice the pulling power. You buy the right machine it will last a lifetime literally. Just look at all the old tractors still in use today. Dealer support will be key. Once your tractor gets old you'll want to still be able to get parts. Without parts available, you won't have anything. When I bought my machine, a New Holland, I ask how old of a machine do you still have parts on the self for. He said I have parts for 1950s tractors. That was like a 8 or 9N model. You don't have to buy a new machine but if you do, who has the best warranty? How far is the dealer from your house? My machine is a 2001 and it's never been back to the dealer for anything yet. If you do buy new, you'll have a break-in period. My machine really started coming into it's own after 200hrs. When I first bought it, I thought I'd made a big mistake. But as I used it, it pulled better and better. After 200hrs, I was able to get a pretty good bit of work out of it. Diesel engines are king. Better fuel economy plus extra weight and torque. I almost bought a no name machine. During the demo, I saw how hard that machine had to word to do much. I made the right decision to buy a better machine. I never regretted it. Buy a good one. Buy once, cry once

Is anyone familiar with the Kioti brand tractor. I looked at a DX50 today with a loader. I liked it but was not wanting a compact.

What say ye ODTs?

Thanks
I have had a DX50 for about 7 years now. Have a loader on it. It will do anything I need and I Have been very happy with it. use mostly for bush hogging, hauling, plowing. I don’t think Kubota parts fit but am uncertain. I have not had to do any repairs or purchase parts. My understanding is that a group of managers and engineers left Kubota and started Kioti. PM me if you need Any other specific info.

Kubota is a great built tractor. I’ve used mine almost every weekend since I’ve had it and put it through some pretty heavy workouts. No regrets on the purchase. It’s saved my aging back many times

507949BE-4C2E-4815-BA87-395627E45F80.jpeg

My 2010 Kubota L3700SU (4WD, loader and backhoe) has never seen a dealer, other than for initial setup and delivery from the factory. Service is easy, parts are readily available but, more importantly, nothing other than routine service has been required. Even my original 12-year old factory battery is still cranking my baby!
Mine (L3710) is the same way. I think the battery was 15 years old when I finally replaced it last year. How is that possible??? I finally had one issue. Seal around front hub starting leaking. Was cheap enough. That's been it. Love that thing. Matter of fact, gonna go get some therapy time on it when the sun comes up. :)

Kioti has a good reputation.

I have an LS ME225 with loader and backhoe. Bought it new in 2019, have about 120 hours on it so far, and it's an outstanding machine. Use it for logging, digging, landscaping, towing. LS is South Korean. Their compact tractors are also branded as New Holland, with some minor feature differences.

I also have a Yanmar 2210, circa 1979, bought as a refurb in 2011. It's also been an excellent machine, although without a FEL and only 2WD, it has versatility limits. But it's old-tech cool. So simple to work on. I've had to put in a new water pump and solenoid, and unstick one brake shoe. That's the total extent of unscheduled maintenance over 10 years, on a machine built 40+ years ago. If I could go back to 2011, I would have bought a Yanmar 2610D (4WD) with FEL. A old Yanmar with the 4WD and powershift transmission is like an overbuilt swiss Army knife. You can tackle an amazing array of work with it.

If you are comfortable working on the machine yourself (basic maintenance, minor troubleshooting), dealer proximity is not a big deal. Trips back to the dealer are unusual for most tractor brands in casual service. Making your living as a farmer...different story.

img_20210327_144158768-1-jpg.692069

img_20210327_123117709-1-jpg.692068

I bought a new Kubota L3130 4 wheel drive with a fel back in 2005 as a retirement present to myself. I added a backhoe, 8" wood chipper, etc. over the years and have never had a problem or been back to the dealer. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom