• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS S&W Model 66-2 "Snubby" (Hand Engraved)

Deleted member 38641

Default rank <4500 posts
US Army (Retired)
Reaction score
S&W Model 66-2 "Snubby"

Shipped from the S&W Factory in the Early 1980's is my (Hand Engraved) Model 66-2. .357 Magnum Revolver.

This all Stainless Beauty was tastefully Hand Engraved by the Late, Vernon G. Wagoner From Mesa Arizona.

Vernon "Vern" as he was better known, was a WWII veteran who was initially trained as a jeweler and watchmaker. He was a self taught engraver who settled in Mesa in 1974 where he became a full-time gun engraver.
Vern was featured on pages 163-164 of the 1980 book, American Engravers Written by Roger Bleile, and was noticed because of his particular Engraving Style.

It Features;
2.5" Barrel Length Chambered for S&W .357 Magnum/.38 Special
Target Hammer (.500" Spur)
Target Trigger (.500" Width)
Target Adjustable White-Outlined Rear Sight
Red Ramped Front Sight
Wearing a Nice set of Aftermarket Combat Style Stocks
Will include the S&W Factory, 1980's Era, K/L-Frame R/B Wood Target Stocks pictured also
And of course, the Fantastic Hand Engravings.
Main-Spring and Rebound-Spring have been upgraded with Wilson Combat Set.

This is for sure a Rare Work of Art, not overly engraved with just the right touch.

I will not ship and it must be picked up locally in the Walthouyrville Georgia Area.

IMG_3750.JPG
IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3752.JPG
IMG_3758.JPG
IMG_3729.JPG

Dang Deleted member 38641 Deleted member 38641 - you clearing out some nice Smiffs …. Hope all is well :) Wish i had some cash !! lol.
I'm good bro. I still have more things I want to sell.
Got a 5 year plan. Since I turned 60, I've decided to start selling most if not all of what I have except what I need for Home and Personal protection.
Kind of done with collecting. Too much money tied up in the safe that I can use for my retirement is all.

Thanks for caring enough to ask.

I'm good bro. I still have more things I want to sell.
Got a 5 year plan. Since I turned 60, I've decided to start selling most if not all of what I have except what I need for Home and Personal protection.
Kind of done with collecting. Too much money tied up in the safe that I can use for my retirement is all.

Thanks for caring enough to ask.
Yessir….we are getting close to that retirement thing too.
Some nice hardware - I will be looking, but i dont think much will top that 27-2 !! Lol.
Never can tell, though. :cool-new:

Back
Top Bottom