• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT UPDATED - RARE Russian Izhevsk 1954 SKS Numbers Matching With Extras

ready2play

Default rank <750 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
Reaction score
WILL NOT SEPERATE LISTING. Please feel free to sell/trade what you do not need.

Originally I thought this was a Tula (not the most versed in SKS rifles) but I have recently come to find out this is actually a much more rare and sought after Izhevsk which were only produced for about a year, and had better build quality than Tula. It is also rare to find a numbers matching Izhevsk which I have here. I have also noticed in watching recent auctions etc that prices have been on the incline for pretty much all SKS's. Yugo's, Norinco's etc have been pushing $700-$800 and many standard Russian Tula's have been hitting the $1000+ mark. As such, I am definitely going to be more picky in my trades moving forward. SKS's are just not my thing. I prefer AR platforms, Ruger Precision, AK's, and more distance shooting options. My asking is pretty firm accordingly.

Comes with:
  • 1954 Izhevsk SKS Rifle
  • Bayonet (mounted back to the rifle)
  • Cleaning rod and cleaning kit in the buttstock
  • 2 x additional metal 30 round magazines
  • Original magazine
  • A bag of tulammo (steel case around 100 rounds)
  • Flambeau hard case
  • ATI Strikeforce Synthetic folding stock with cheek riser and pistol grip (Discontinued model)
  • Choate Industries Synthetic Handguard

I just broke the gun down and gave it a quick cleaning and mild greasing. (I have never shot it). Compared to other aged rifles I have owned and seen, the gun is overall a pretty clean rifle. The wood stock is beautiful considering many are beat up to no end. The numbers match and appear to be the original stamps with no electro-penciling, with all fonts being consistent. There are no etchings under the gas tube. There are no obvious refurb markings on any of the parts. Bolt, carrier and Bayonet are all white and not black.

Not interested in standard "built" AR's really, have enough of these. I would like a nice modern 308, 6.5 Creedmoor or some other distance/precision rifle in my collection, preferably something chassis based. Prefer more modern/tactical looking styles over woodgrain, while not completely opposed to either one. Also, looking for a Ruger Precision series (6.5 Creedmoor or 308 preferred) and similar style that have the sniper rifle appearance. For AR's, maybe a nicely set up Daniel Defense or AR10, but standard 5.56 I have my fair share of already (unless it's heavy in my favor). Recently became interested in adding a Desert Eagle to my collection as well, so that is another possible trade option. Not interested in trading for ammo or an optic or a swap where those two things are the bulk of the value in your trade offer.

I have had many offers and deals on this and my other guns where people just went ghost after making an agreement. Please don't be that guy. If I make a deal with you, I will honor it and I expect the same respect in return. Knowing what I know now about this rifle, some people missed out on a gem!

I'm located in Auburn GA near Dacula/Gwinnett area.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
9-10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.png