• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Pretty rare Sauer 200

akman47

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-pretty-rare-sauer-200.2400024/
Item Name: FS/FT Pretty rare Sauer 200

Zip Code: 30041

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 2500$ obo
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Other fine bolt rifles, aks, ars, Toyota MR2

Caliber: .308

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: What I have is a great condition pretty rare 1985 (J.P. Sauer and Sohn) Sauer 200 takedown in .308 Win. The platform that the Sauer SSG3000 is built on. I have the factory qd rings ( currently wearing a Leupold Vx1 3-9×50). I have the factory hard case (green felt lined inside) along with the red handled Allen spanned for disassembly, factory documents to include the quality control target, signed by the qc tech.

I am the second owner, I acquired this rifle from the original owner in trade three years ago (he said he purchased in late 80’s), he stated that it did not come with any extra barrel, or trigger group, etc., Some did, some didn’t. A number of places can make barrels for them, and I just learned Lothar Walther here in GA can make them. If I understand correctly these will interchange barrels and stocks with Sauer 202’s.

imho the rifle is flawless, but I’m sure a collector could find something to knock it for, but I have not fired it, the previous owner stated he shot 1 magazine through it, his NRA target is in the case too, with loads used data, dated 1992. So…possibly been fired less than 10 times.

one flaw I know is the factory case, lock release button is missing in action, was like that since I acquired it. You can still use a pen or screwdriver, or knife blade to push the latch over to open the case. Main 2 latches work as normal. Internally the factory foam had deteriorated to powder, so I removed this and cut new foam for every section, and installed. Cleaned felt and have about 80% of it glued back in, need to finish this.

the factory qc target, if following euro calendar format (1/10/85) is oct 1, 1985.

I’m a hunter and in north Ga, this is too nice of a rifle for me.

First and foremost, I’m NOT playing the COVID pricing game. If trading, don’t come to me with obscene values. If you ask for double the real value, then I will double mine as well.
For the very few I have found of these online that actually sold (not going by gunbroker, rather real sites and auction houses) I’ve found prices ranging from 2k, to 7k, depending on grade and kit accessories, so not fully knowing a definitive price, I’d like to start at 2500$ Obro. This is a nice bolt rifle, one of the nicest I’ve ever owned. Trades welcome, don’t really have any “wants” at the moment but you may surprise me. Ars-colt, dd, lmt (again not giving you double the value). Aks,-Russian sgl, arsenal, Norinco/polytech, valmet. Ruger kodiak backpacker has been on my list for a while, Sako rifles, tikka rifles, savage precision models(target/varmint). No junk 6.5 cr, (would take Sako 6.5x55)

Pm only

Pictures:
image-jpg.3032853

image-jpg.3032855

image-jpg.3032861

image-jpg.3032870

image-jpg.3032877

Back
Top Bottom