• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS/FT Piaggio MP3 500, needs work

TradingBana

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
Reaction score
I have a scooter/motorcycle that has been sitting in the garage for a long time. I need to find it a new home and make some room for new projects.

This is a 2009 Piaggio MP3 500. It has 2 wheels up front. The suspension can lock to keep it upright (like at stop lights or while parking), it has a parking break, and it's a really cool, quirky scooter. Yes, it's technically a scooter with an auto transmission even though it'll hit 80mph without much problem. The fastest I've ever gone is 90mph, but at that speed things start getting too scary for me.

My wife doesn't want me to ride bikes anymore so this has been sitting in my garage for 1.5 years. I moved houses right after getting the bike professionally serviced back in early 2020, but it still needed the blinkers replaced and I never got around to it. If I remember correctly, the tires are new.

The bike currently has expired, out of state license plates. It is registered in my name. All of the rubber blinkers have rotted (I have most of the replacement parts needed I can give you) and it needs a new battery. The price or trade value I'm looking for reflects the time and money that will be needed to get this thing on the road again, but it shouldn't take too long and these bikes still go for a lot. I just don't have the time to fix it up and sell it properly these days. My loss is your gain.

With the bike, I'll give you 3 of the 4 blinkers you will need as replacements. They're brand new in the package. I have the master key for the bike so you can get more keys made, too (if you want). Title is in hand and I'll hand that over with a bill of sale so you can get the bike registered in GA.

The battery is almost dead but you can still turn it on enough to get the warning honks.

This bike has an upgraded exhaust, which is not cheap on its own.

With a little bit of work, this would run great again, and the Piaggio MP3s are cool--they brake faster (I think 30%, something significant) and take turns more confidently than standard motorcycles. It's one reason I got this one to begin with.

For trades, I'm looking mainly for for pistols or pistols + cash going either direction.

If you buy this, you'll need a way to transport it. I can help you get it up on a trailer if necessary. The bike is heavy, though. It weighs over 500 lbs so the bed of a truck is probably a no-go unless you have some way to lift it.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 174
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 168
  • bike parts.jpg
    bike parts.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom