• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice rifle but I really
love that little bench.
Yeah man, that wood is freaking cool. My grandfather bought a bundle of that wood back in the early 70's. It was labeled as mexican rosewood. I made that little table 30 + - years ago, have a couple other similar tables I made that don't have as much character as this one. I messed up so much of that wood learning how to make stuff it makes me sick thinking about it. Got a lot of scraps. Now I'm down to 4 or 5 pieces of the original 2 x 6 x 8 rough sawn pieces. I'll let my son run them through the plane to see what he has.

Yeah man, that wood is freaking cool. My grandfather bought a bundle of that wood back in the early 70's. It was labeled as mexican rosewood. I made that little table 30 + - years ago, have a couple other similar tables I made that don't have as much character as this one. I messed up so much of that wood learning how to make stuff it makes me sick thinking about it. Got a lot of scraps. Now I'm down to 4 or 5 pieces of the original 2 x 6 x 8 rough sawn pieces. I'll let my son run them through the plane to see what he has.
It is also called "bocote" and is rarely seen in wide boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom