• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS/FT 700rwhp 2002 Corvette Z06, Running but not shifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesthebond3

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT 700rwhp 2002 Corvette Z06, Running but not shifting.

Zip Code: 30039

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 18000
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Corvettes, 4 Door Fast cars, Not a fan of domestics but you never know.

Caliber: 383

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: License, number, address, etc.

Item Description: WILL NEED TRAILERING! Will not shift.
It is dirty from sitting at a couple different shops, I will clean it when it comes time to part.

I've got a 700rwhp C5 Z06, 18Xk on chassis but couldn't tell. Either torque tube or trans to diff shaft is broke. Its been built right however the previous owner had a DTE in it, it died. Had a Texas drivetrain performance 3.42 in and couldn't tell a difference other than a higher top speed, it has 5XX miles on it, so it is torque tube or trans to diff output.

Bored with forged internals, 383, AWESOME COLD WORKING A/C, alky meth, d1sc (11lbs boost), A&A big boy blow off, atlanta dyno chassis tune, diff support, new texas driveline performance diff, built t56, upgraded clutch, new waterpump installed, new greens belt, new toyo r888r 305's on the rear, new nitto gt2 fronts, OEM 17/18 Speedline sims, qa1 shocks all the way around (Driver rear a little leaky), maybe 2k miles on drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads, msd wires, callaway throttle body, perfect headlights with new led bulbs, new hazard switch, twin intercoolers, headers, 3inch back, borlas with a dent on the right hand side, line lock, shift light, constant 1500-2000 mile oil changes with Mobile 1 full synthetic (oil weight dependant on time of year), 1000 miles on D1SC fluid (two bottles left, good for 3k miles each), like new Optima Redtop w/battery cut off (just got a couple months ago) and thats all I can think of off the top of my head, obviously more.

Shifts into each gear perfect, clutch has spring, rattles while running in gear. I'm a disabled veteran on a cane and can't fix it myself, baby on the way, so the stress is real. Trying to see if I can trade first but I'm open to cash offers. I lost pretty much all the paperwork during an unfortunate event minus the title of course (clean), some recent things done to the car, and a dyno sheet with atlanta dyno chassis info.

This car WAS RACED by me lightly, more spirited driving in the mountains but nothing crazy. THIS CAR WAS NOT ABUSED, ITS BEEN MAINTAINED, BUILT. This car is CLEAN, no one would ever know it has the miles it does.
It does have little things here and there like either left or right fuel sending unit is stuck at empty so its not reading full tank but has a full tank, the a/c light isn't bright, missing one light in the rear and maybe the driver but I can replace, and the shift knob's a crappy aftermarket knob, some sunfading in the carpet, one small tear in drivers seat bolster, no wipers or wiper motor, carpet not as tucked around the center console, etc. But its been taken care of with PRIDE.

Between my Dad and I we have 8 corvettes right now, I've had some experience at one of the best old school Corvette builders (Heartland Customs) in the country, worked some time selling all year corvette parts with Full Throttle Corvette, and tossed that all up with the Marine Corps at the end and that was 3 years ago. I know vettes, love vettes, you'll love this one.

There's a lot of money in this car, a lot of which is disability money from the military and in turn that's been a lot of pain. I'm not looking to make money, I'm not looking to get bent over. I'm not looking for insults, no one needs them. Either keep it positive or move on!

Don't complain about the stickers, they come off, the cars been maintained by my detailer and currently has a two year coating on it under the vinyl stickers that I can remove for you. The rear is however painted and so are the mirrors, both matte black. 2 or three small cracks in the paint and 1 ding by the door.

I have stuff here and there for it, including a new mcleod twin disk with some rust spots on it.

It currently has the interior apart but as soon as I'm able I'm having it detailed inside or doing it myself. For whatever reason I can't find interior pics so I'll ask my detailer.

Interested in other Corvettes (keep in mind baby on the way, partial to Z06's and widebody convesions)
4-door fast cars CTS-V, G8 not into imports but you never know.

If you have a cash offer. PLEASE DONT WASTE OUR TIME. 18k obo

LOCATED IN SNELLVILLE, GA. Please PM with trades. Keep in mind I have no cash to add for trades at this time.

On the off chance someone is mobile and could maybe come check this thing out so the shops don't bend me over, that would be cool too. I'm awful at asking for help, from others. I've spent a lot of time out of the car and not being able to drive it simply because my left side and back don't work properly. When the car has the right parts in it it RUNS, took forever for the diff to go out. I can pay as long as you are fair.
It has to be either the torque tube or the transmission mainshaft.
This thing is my passion and emotions and would rather have it fixed to be a garage queen for my boy when he's older. You basically have the full diagnosis, any help would be a prayer answered! Thanks for your time, have an awesome day.

Edit: I think thats as detailed as you can get a post. Lol.

Pictures:
20201015_160232-jpg.2871106

20201015_160207-jpg.2871107

20201015_142944-jpg.2871108

20201015_125742-jpg.2871109

img_20191117_201105_743-jpg.2871110

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom