Item Name: FS/FT 1979 Chevy C-10 Silverado

Zip Code: 30047

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $3000
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Camaro or Corvette of similar age or Firearms

Caliber: 350 V-8

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Item Description: A close friend of my family passed away recently and willed this truck to me. He was a mechanic that worked at a Chevy dealership and was fixing this up. We decided to trade/sell this to get a Camaro to fix up in his memory since Camaro’s were his favorite but the HOA is pitching a fit so it needs to move ASAP. I haven't looked over the whole thing so I don't know everything he's done to it or what all it might need, but I’ll tell what I know and answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Its a 1979 Chevy C-10 2WD with the Silverado trim package and an 8ft bed. It does crank and is moveable but is not really what I would consider truly roadworthy as it is. However, it has been driven on the road for about 5-10 miles a few times recently.

The Good:

Under the hood, it has the 350 (bigger v8) and it has the 3-speed automatic transmission. He's put an Edelbrock 4-barrel carburetor, Edelbrock air filter, and an aluminum high flow intake manifold on it (Edelbrock as well). It has Edelbrock valve covers on it with chrome breathers and chrome T-handle bolts. He put true dual exhaust with aftermarket mufflers (not sure what they are) and chrome exhaust tips. The interior is original and better than most this age. All the glass is good. It brakes quickly and straight. It’s got disc brakes in the front, drum in the back, and plenty of life left on all of them. It steers straight and is pretty tight. It's got dual gas tanks that still work. All the gauges work. It has factory AC but he took the belt off so I don't know if it works. It has working factory power steering. It has a new thermostat with a chrome housing and the alternator and battery look new as well. The whole engine compartment is very clean for a truck this old. There is a spray in bed liner in the 8ft bed as well. The suspension is quiet but I have no idea what he's done to it, if anything. It isn't especially bouncy so the shocks seem to be in good order. I have a set of helper bags, coil overs, and a rear sway bar that fit this truck but have not been installed yet.
I do have the driver’s door panel and the badges.

The Bad:

It has a little bit of rust as is to be expected. It's in the usual places on the fenders by the wheels but it's not too bad and he has a replacement fender for one of the front ones. There is also some on the driver side rocker panel but it's small. The floor pans are all fine. All four tires hold air but aren’t matching. The carb could probably stand to be either cleaned or rebuilt because it doesn’t idle well.

If there’s something you want to see that’s not pictured, please feel free to PM me and I’ll get pictures or answers as soon as I can! Thanks!

Pictures:
41fc37c1-0762-4fc5-a956-7575de942c20-jpeg.2607038

6b13f2f0-e08b-44f3-81fa-97565ba0adaa-jpeg.2607040

41af7d9a-8d22-4a39-addc-972935d50589-jpeg.2607041

bceffb13-244f-4547-b5ea-31c423a27fca-jpeg.2607043

5ce87337-7983-4e79-bb7a-f1c8ad734e1a-jpeg.2607045

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom