Item Relisted! FS Dillon XL650 reloading machine

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-dillon-xl650-reloading-machine.2501343/
Item Name: FS Dillon XL650 reloading machine

Zip Code: 31560

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $1250

Caliber: 45acp, 9mm, .357/38spl, .380acp

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Recently cleaned and lubed. Has 4 caliber conversion kits, and 4 tool heads. Has both large and small primer feed, 2ea pistol size, large-small case-feeder shell plates. No dies are included as I will be using them on my Rock-Chuck. Any 7/8 RCBS, or similar dies can be used. A few spare parts are included.

I have the box and documents. Even now, i.e. during the virus hoax and draconian government mandates driving high demand, Dillon's Customer service is hard to beat.

It is set up for .380acp now.

You can order a new $2000 XL750 setup (cost more...less quality) and wait for 24+ weeks or you can have this now for $1250.

Note: the .357 tool head has a full set of Dillon dies

Pictures:
dsc01544-jpg.3169586

dsc01546-jpg.3169587

dsc01547-jpg.3169588

I have been asked how many rounds/hr can be realistically loaded on the XL650. The Dillon figures are deceptive in that they are rates that do not include filling the primer feed tube, keeping the case feeder full, and keeping the powder dispenser full. Working alone, not rushing, I can do 300 or so rds per hour. If there is someone else filling primer pickup tubes and feed, keeping the powder dispenser full, and the case feeder full, maybe a rate of 500 per hour. One should bear in mind that there are several timing actions that occur with each stroke and if one tries to cycle faster than the timing action, unscheduled events will occur. If possible, the use of at least a Dillon sizing die will help and is recommended. A full set for each caliber is best if you can get one

I am slap out of pistol components except for a hand-full of revolver target components. Even at 15 cents for a SP primer and 30 cents for a 9mm fmj, one can still load for 50 cnts/round or so. The underlying basis for reloading is really independence more so than economics.

Back
Top Bottom