• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS BUYER BEWARE - Andrews Auto Parts in Griffin and Thomaston, Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irondadrob

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Vehicle / Equipment Dealer
78   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS BUYER BEWARE - Andrews Auto Parts in Griffin and Thomaston, Georgia

Zip Code: 30276

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 12

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: First I would like to say that I try to be an honest person and have a 100% POSITIVE ODT feedback rating. I am posting this to hopefully save someone the trouble and extreme expense that this DISHONEST BUSINESS has cost me.

Please stay away and avoid Andrews Auto Parts in Griffin and Thomaston, Georgia. Very dishonest and unethical people. Here are 2 very recent and specific reasons: First, on 1/11/2021 that a 4L60E transmission was available and in stock with providing my VIN number and parts number. Was told that they put there "hands" on it and it was available. I told them I was 64 miles away and on the way. I got there 75 minutes later and was told that they "looked" at the wrong one. I was OK with that and just got back into my truck and drove back home. 5 days later was told that they had another one come in and it was "perfect". I asked the manager Keith "again" to confirm and he said yes it was there and was aware of the precious problem I had. I asked if it was tested and GOOD. He said that "all the parts are tested and it was in great condition". I drove back there and picked it up. I took it to my NAPA authorized service center for them to install it. Upon installation they noted and sent picturers that the pan had a bunch of holes in it. The manager at NAPA stated that there is NO WAY it was tested due to the holes in it. He put my old pan on it with new filter kit, gaskets and new fluid. THERE WAS NO GEARS IN THE TRANSMISSION! This transmission was worse than my bad old one. I had to pay the labor for this as itv was not the Mechanics fault. I immediately contacted Keith, the manager at Andrews Auto Salvage of this. He said, "sorry - we will refund your money for the part but no labor. When I told him of the "holes in the pan" and it had "no gears" he said again, "sorry - that was here before he was there". Again, he told me it was tested. VERY DISHONEST people. Stay Away!

Pictures:
img-6006-jpg.3095377

img-6007-jpg.3095378

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
so you're complaining about an item being misrepresented?

aren't you the same guy that posts auction cars for sale with the ad reading like you have personally owned the car its entire life? please tell me how that is any different?

I find this post extremely hypocritical.

I considered posting something along those lines but kept my mouth shut. At least I know I’m not the only one who feels that way.

You personally picked it up and didn't notice it had a bunch of holes in the pan?? I mean shame on them for selling a crap trans but also shame on you for not even looking at something you bought at a salvage yard!
Item Name: FS BUYER BEWARE - Andrews Auto Parts in Griffin and Thomaston, Georgia

Zip Code: 30276

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 12

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: First I would like to say that I try to be an honest person and have a 100% POSITIVE ODT feedback rating. I am posting this to hopefully save someone the trouble and extreme expense that this DISHONEST BUSINESS has cost me.

Please stay away and avoid Andrews Auto Parts in Griffin and Thomaston, Georgia. Very dishonest and unethical people. Here are 2 very recent and specific reasons: First, on 1/11/2021 that a 4L60E transmission was available and in stock with providing my VIN number and parts number. Was told that they put there "hands" on it and it was available. I told them I was 64 miles away and on the way. I got there 75 minutes later and was told that they "looked" at the wrong one. I was OK with that and just got back into my truck and drove back home. 5 days later was told that they had another one come in and it was "perfect". I asked the manager Keith "again" to confirm and he said yes it was there and was aware of the precious problem I had. I asked if it was tested and GOOD. He said that "all the parts are tested and it was in great condition". I drove back there and picked it up. I took it to my NAPA authorized service center for them to install it. Upon installation they noted and sent picturers that the pan had a bunch of holes in it. The manager at NAPA stated that there is NO WAY it was tested due to the holes in it. He put my old pan on it with new filter kit, gaskets and new fluid. THERE WAS NO GEARS IN THE TRANSMISSION! This transmission was worse than my bad old one. I had to pay the labor for this as itv was not the Mechanics fault. I immediately contacted Keith, the manager at Andrews Auto Salvage of this. He said, "sorry - we will refund your money for the part but no labor. When I told him of the "holes in the pan" and it had "no gears" he said again, "sorry - that was here before he was there". Again, he told me it was tested. VERY DISHONEST people. Stay Away!

Pictures:
img-6006-jpg.3095377

img-6007-jpg.3095378
I don’t know this guy from Adam but not one person who has dealt with him has left negative feedback. I therefore think he’s a good guy. Haters gonna Hate

I don’t know this guy from Adam but not one person who has dealt with him has left negative feedback. I therefore think he’s a good guy. Haters gonna Hate

I’ve seen quite a few suckers on here get taken only to receive good feedback. Not saying he’s right or wrong in this instance but it’s not very confidence inspiring when the vast majority of his FS items, if not all, are used vehicles and parts.

so you're complaining about an item being misrepresented?

aren't you the same guy that posts auction cars for sale with the ad reading like you have personally owned the car its entire life? please tell me how that is any different?

I find this post extremely hypocritical.
And theyre all perfect. With 100-200k miles on them. Perfect I say! :lol:

No hate intended. Just blew my mind that he didn't even take the time to look it over when he picked it up. Like I stated, shame on the yard for selling a crummy trans but he's got to take some responsibility for not even glancing at it when picking it up. Also, wouldn't it have been much lighter than normal with no gears inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom