• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS 6.5 X 55 Swedish M96 Scout Rifle

KRW9696

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-6-5-x-55-swedish-m96-scout-rifle.2238753/
Item Name: **LAST CHANCE!!!** FS 6.5 X 55 M96 Scout Rifle
**PRICE REDUCED FOR THE FINAL TIME**

Zip Code: 30224

Item is for: Sale
Sale Price: $300 OBO

Caliber: 6.5 x 55

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: If you're in the market for a scout type rifle on a budget, this ones for you.

This is a sporterised Swedish M96 6.5 x 55. With it's proven Mauser reliability (Ruger's bolt action based on the Mauser design) and mild recoil, this would also be a great rifle choice for a young or female shooter.

It features:
- Timney trigger = when new $81.79 (check pricing on Optics Planet)
- Timney safety = " " $53.99 (also on Optics Planet)
- Burris 2 3/4 power medium eye relief scope = $249.00 when new (again on Optics Planet)
- Choate synthetic stock = when new $109.99 (check price on Midway)
Total parts cost = $494.77 (does not include taxes, shipping, or installation)

If your not familiar with the 6.5 x 55 cartridge, here's what one expert said about it:

"One of the biggest reasons for the popularity of the 6.5×55 is that you don’t need a lot of gunpowder muscle to make a 6.5 bullet work. With less bite to the shooter’s shoulder, low-recoiling rifles go a long way toward enabling shooters to provide accurate and sustainable rounds downrange — whether the target is a 1,000-yard gong, a trophy-class white-tailed deer or someone who intends to do you harm. The author gets right to the point of the 6.5×55 cartridge’s main advantage to hunters these days by stating the 6.5 x55’s ability to enable hunters to shoot with manageable recoil plays a key role in shooter success."

This rifle is a pleasure to shoot! Even with just a 2 3/4 power scope, it has shot a 3 shot 100 yard group at less than 1" the last time I took it to the range.(see the attached photo of a target shot with Hornady 140gr Light Magnum Loads)

All of this in a rifle for $100.00 less than just the cost of the parts used to build it.

Thanks for your interest.

Pictures:
swede-1-2-jpg.2688014

swede-3-jpg.2688015

swede-4-jpg.2688016

swede-2-jpg.2688017

swede-5-jpg.2688018

Screaming good indeed. I'm glad I'm not closer.

I think it’s a great deal and I can’t believe it hasn’t been snapped up by anyone. I’m almost ready to pull it off of the ODT and just keep it. It’s too nice, accurate, and fun to shoot to just give just give away. I even have stripper clips and a partial box of ammo to go with it.

Thanks for recognizing it for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom