• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia North East GA  FS .22 LR (Trying to determine make and model)

Jspires

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS .22 LR (Trying to determine make and model)

Zip Code: 30120

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1

Caliber: 22LR

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Not sure if this is allowed on the site. I have obtained a .22 LR and the previous owner said he remembered having the gun as a kid in the 1950’s. I just restored the rifle and did not locate any markings or serial number. I don’t know if the markings are gone from previous rust removal or if it never had any. Is anyone familiar with this style gun or any manufacturers that didn’t stamp their firearms around the 1950’s? I’m trying to determine the make/model and value if someone knows.

Pictures:
IMG_5538.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Doing a little more reading I see a variant was made until about 1970 but according to my reading by that time they would have had markings even before the 1968 serial number requirement. Also later versions had plastic trigger guards so I'll stand by my belief that yours is an early model.
Now that you say that, the rigger guard does appear to be plastic.

Agree on the Marlin 81, I've owned a couple of them, one that was my grandfathers, was made in the 50's sometime, same rifle just a lighter colored wood on it than that one, handed it down to my nephew, still own one 81 with factory peep sights, great rifles ! very accurate !

Back
Top Bottom