• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS 1952 Browning A5 Shotgun 12GA 2 3/4” with Extra Barrel

CouchManDo

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...hotgun-12ga-2-3-4”-with-extra-barrel.2538353/
Item Name: FS 1952 Browning A5 Shotgun 12GA 2 3/4” with Extra Barrel

Zip Code: 30075

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1300

Caliber: 12 gauge

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: The fine print first: I'm not interested in trades at this time. Cash only - physical cash, not Paypal, Venmo or other service. To save you an email, if this ad is up, the shotgun is still available. All transactions will take place near downtown Roswell in the driveway at my house, next to my neighbor's police car. Note that if the shotgun doesn't sell, I will drop the price like it's hot every few weeks; so instead of sending a "What's your lowest price?" email, just wait until the price meets your expectations and THEN email me and come get it. Patience is everything. I'm more interested in slowly freeing up closet space as opposed to needing to sell quickly.

Covid precautions: I'll leave the garage door open, and leave plenty of space between us; I've had all of my vaccinations, so I have high hopes of surviving any transaction. I'll wear a mask if it makes you feel more comfortable. Otherwise, I'll pretend like it's 1999.

This is a Belgian-made Browning A5 originally owned by my father and purchased by him in 1952/53. The serial # is 3016XX, which tells us that the date of manufacture was 1952. This was his main gun until he developed Parkinson's in the late 80s, so it's probably seen about 38 deer seasons at Fort Benning, minus the Korea/Vietnam years. The remaining time after that was spent in the closet. Dad cleaned his guns like clockwork, so this is still in good condition, and I've tried to show the one minor spot of corrosion on the barrel in the photos. I have not cleaned the gun myself, so once you get this cleaned up I think you'll be in for a treat visually.

As an added bonus, I'm throwing in:

a) the spare barrel, which comes in its original box with the shipping label from Browning to the Sears in Columbus GA (you guys remember Sears, don't you?).

b) a vintage JC Higgins shotgun cleaning kit.

c) Vintage shells - various buckshot and pheasant loads, as well some Rottweil slugs. Most of these are from the late 70s to early 80s in age. How many shells, you ask? Good question, I'm too lazy to count, but it's somewhere between 30 & 50.

d) a non-original leather-ish case (nothing to write home about) from the 80s.

FAQ

1. How long are the barrels?

I have no idea. I know you're supposed to measure from the breach face to the end of the barrel, but I don't have a dowel to allow me to make that measurement. I've included one shot showing the measuring tape against the spare barrel, so hopefully that'll give you an idea.

2. Why are you selling it?

In my early 20s, I was more sentimental and intended to keep this until I died. I'm less so in my 50s, and I think it's just better that someone enjoy this than it spend the next 30-40 years in the case.

3. What else are you selling?

Keep an eye out for a Winchester model 74 .22LR from the 1950s, and a Winchester Model 1200 from the 60s/70s - both in great condition like this one. I intend to have both those ads live on/before 6/17. I also have a current ad for a FS Marlin 336CS 30-30 from 1984 live right now.

4. Any photos of the gun in the wild?

perfect-killing-machine.jpg

Pictures:
chamber-1-jpg.3312396

chamber-2-jpg.3312397

chamber-3-jpg.3312398

full-1-jpg.3312399

full-3-jpg.3312400

forearm-1.jpg

forearm-2.jpg

spare-barrel.jpg

Nice, great history. GLWS. My Dad actually won a sweet 16 in the early 1970s on a $1 raffle give away. What luck, until then all he had was a single shot 22 he and he brother got for Christmas when they were 16 and Grand pa's single shot 12ga.

Looks like one’s gonna be 32 inch and the other is going to be 26 inch and your stars I’ll give you the choke that is in it

Back
Top Bottom