• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS 1943 GRI Ishapore SMLE (No.1 MkIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobyfour

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS 1943 GRI Ishapore SMLE (No.1 MkIII) *Lee Enfield*

Zip Code: 31548

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 280

Caliber: .303 British

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: 1943 GRI Ishapore SMLE. It shoots fine and the headspace was checked when I bought it. I can hit a 12" steel gong (brightly painted of course) at 100 yards with no problem. I've had it for about 10 years and it is literally the gun that sits in the very back of the safe. I just don't need/want it anymore. This is a fun range toy to show your friends, or maybe do some hog hunting with. I'm sure there's a lot of history with this rifle but who knows. The buttstock was arsenal repaired. I replaced the magazine, forward stock, and top handguard on it. I also did some cold bluing on the parts that really needed it a while back. It does come with the original sling which is pretty neat. I'm not going to lie and say the barrel is bright and sharp. I'm sure it's had thousands of rounds corrosive ammo shot in various wars throughout history, but it still shoots fine in my opinion. The bolt has a different serial number than the receiver and front cap so I'm sure it was replaced sometime long ago.

Pictures:
img_0080-1-jpg.3373215

img_0122-jpg.3373216

img_0121-jpg.3373217

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I'll consider it but would rather try and sell this locally for now. I don't want to spend $65 on a 10 pack of rifle size boxes since that's all they sell online (bulk packs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom