Friend denied GWL-simple battery domestic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas6691

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
290   0
Reaction score
I posted the following on the GPO forum and have not received any response yet. Can anyone here point me in the right direction??

A friend reached out to me to help her try and obtain her GWL. She plead NOLO to Simple Battery under Family/Domestic violence in aprox 2005. In 2014 she applied for GWL and was denied for that reason and did not request a hearing and was subsequently denied the permit.

Now she wants to find out what it will take for her to get her GWL if she can at all. I have searched the forums and dont quite know what the answer is. Can anyone share any advice I might pass on to her?? I am assuming since it was a NOLO plea, she can have her record expunged and her rights restored. I am also assuming that will require a lawyer. This is in Cometa county/Newnan. Any lawyer recomendations??

Thanx for any help you can provide!

I posted the following on the GPO forum and have not received any response yet. Can anyone here point me in the right direction??

A friend reached out to me to help her try and obtain her GWL. She plead NOLO to Simple Battery under Family/Domestic violence in aprox 2005. In 2014 she applied for GWL and was denied for that reason and did not request a hearing and was subsequently denied the permit.

Now she wants to find out what it will take for her to get her GWL if she can at all. I have searched the forums and dont quite know what the answer is. Can anyone share any advice I might pass on to her?? I am assuming since it was a NOLO plea, she can have her record expunged and her rights restored. I am also assuming that will require a lawyer. This is in Cometa county/Newnan. Any lawyer recomendations??

Thanx for any help you can provide!
You might ought to correspond with GaGunlawbooklet as he is an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom