Friend can't get Carry Permit in Cobb County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
I have a friend that recently went to buy a pistol and he was turned down during the insta-check. They couldn't sell him the pistol. They couldn't/wouldn't tell him why he was denied and told him he had to go to the courts to find out what was up. So, he went to the folks in Cobb County that are in charge of such things and they informed him that back 40 years or so ago the Cobb Courts transferred all their written records in to a database and during this time they inadvertently entered two felony arrest, that never happened to him, on to his record. He met with the police and they investigated and said there was nothing they could do and he spoke with the judge who said he would have to hire a lawyer to get it taken care of.

This is a ridiculous situation and there is no reason for him to have to PAY a lawyer to correct an error that is not his. Is there an organization in Georgia that can work on his behalf to get his 2A rights sorted out without charging him a ton of money? He's in his 60 and has a clean record as far as I know (I don't know everything about him but I trust him). He lives in Douglas County but the records are in Cobb County where he lived quite a few years ago.

I have a friend that recently went to buy a pistol and he was turned down during the insta-check. They couldn't sell him the pistol. They couldn't/wouldn't tell him why he was denied and told him he had to go to the courts to find out what was up. So, he went to the folks in Cobb County that are in charge of such things and they informed him that back 40 years or so ago the Cobb Courts transferred all their written records in to a database and during this time they inadvertently entered two felony arrest, that never happened to him, on to his record. He met with the police and they investigated and said there was nothing they could do and he spoke with the judge who said he would have to hire a lawyer to get it taken care of.

This is a ridiculous situation and there is no reason for him to have to PAY a lawyer to correct an error that is not his. Is there an organization in Georgia that can work on his behalf to get his 2A rights sorted out without charging him a ton of money? He's in his 60 and has a clean record as far as I know (I don't know everything about him but I trust him). He lives in Douglas County but the records are in Cobb County where he lived quite a few years ago.
I had exactly the same thing happen to me, 2 felonies on my record that happened claiming I beat my wife and 4 kids when I was 15. I had to contact the family court judge, she made a call and it was fixed

Payday time!!! Call the news and file a lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom