• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

friday night dinner?

I had deer meat, sliced about 1/2 thick, marinated in Italian dressing for 24 hours, them slow cooked in the oven for 4 hours. Added some brown rice on the side with Lima beans and seasoned greens. Homemade cornbread ice tea and a piece of blackberry cobbler. I think I have 5 bags left to last me until opening day.

I had deer meat, sliced about 1/2 thick, marinated in Italian dressing for 24 hours, them slow cooked in the oven for 4 hours. Added some brown rice on the side with Lima beans and seasoned greens. Homemade cornbread ice tea and a piece of blackberry cobbler. I think I have 5 bags left to last me until opening day.
cornbread. Yummy!

I am a firm believer that venison is the ultimate meal. Free range, organic (depending on how much corn they ate in front of your stand before the bang), lean, and healthy.

I am not much of a trophy hunter, but I rise at 5am in a cold November morning because I believe venison to be healthier than most of the domesticated foods that you buy in a grocery store.

I can cook 50 pieces at 8am and it will be gone before 10 am, my kids and all of us think its the best meat you can eat also.

I do enjoy a nice T-bone now and then but the deer meat is the best of you cook it right.

Back
Top Bottom