• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Freemason stickers- anyone collect them?

I never met a Freemason who I did not like. You ODT members who are hostile toward them should examine your own shortcomings. I would bet that you do little or nothing to help anyone but your own greedy self. This includes, and most importantly, the Shriners Hospital. Children receive free care, free transportation, and free lodging for their parents, for burns, spinal cord injuries, and other conditions. All of it is funded by the work of Masons and Shriners.

WTF have you done for a child lately?

I never met a Freemason who I did not like. You ODT members who are hostile toward them should examine your own shortcomings. I would bet that you do little or nothing to help anyone but your own greedy self. This includes, and most importantly, the Shriners Hospital. Children receive free care, free transportation, and free lodging for their parents, for burns, spinal cord injuries, and other conditions. All of it is funded by the work of Masons and Shriners.

Wife is eternally greatful to the shriners. Completely covered medical for her first son. I pull whatever is in my pocket out for them when I see one.

Wife is eternally greatful to the shriners. Completely covered medical for her first son. I pull whatever is in my pocket out for them when I see one.
Same here. When one is in the median, I give what spare change I have on me. He's out there in the middle of a busy intersection, for no pay, collecting change to help children. You're an honorable man if you do that. % the critics.

Masons put up the first money for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in 1913. They have Mason logos all over the CHOA history artifacts and garden at Scottish Rite.

:deadhorse:We've been down this road before, but I'll be glad to chime in. Freemasons are not a cult, no more than ODT is a cult. It's a bunch of like-minded men who come together to advance their moral beliefs through allegory and lessons. The only real "secret" in Freemasonry is our methods of recognition - handshakes, a certain sign so we know each other "in darkness or light". We use a lot of Old English language that people find hard to understand, no problem with that, but we don't do anything immoral or illegal. In fact, the "no windows, no outsiders" comment is really ignorant of Freemasonry and fraternal organizations in general.
If we were "secret" why do we have prominent Square and Compasses at the entry to cities, why do we have prominent Square and Compasses on our buildings? Why do we wear a Square and Compass ring or lapel pin?
Anyone in the community has a standing offer to visit a Lodge and get a tour of what and how we do what we do, just ask.
Any man can join the Freemasons; but you have to ask "by your own accord". We don't recruit men because it has to be by your own desire to become a Freemason; to enhance and enrich what you already have.
Bump

I was raised in Germany during my time in the Army and travel east to west and back again. Not a cult. Great brotherhood of like minded individuals. Furthermore no matter where you are in the world you will always have a brother who will lend a hand. Stopped paying my dues when my family started growing. However have many good 32nd bros and I am always there when they call and vice versa.

Most of the public buildings in Georgia and across the south built before WW II have cornerstones laid by the local Masonic Lodge. Check it out next time you visit one.

My father helped build the Masonic Temple in Atlanta - pretty much everyone who worked on the job was a Mason, this would have been about 1958-59 or so.

I've watched all the shows, and read all the books, and they are mostly bunk, total crap. If there is any group less intent on "world domination" it is the Masons (and Eastern Star) that I know which includes my father, my two grandfathers, several uncles and great uncles (and my mother, a "worthy matron").

I do know that a lot of them were working class people without a lot of spare change, and they regularly supported the Masonic Orphanages and widows homes, which were their primary charities.

The Shriners Hospital in Atlanta is the current Emory Egelston Children's Hospital - ask the parent of a child who has received free treatment there what they think about the Shriners/Masons.

Back
Top Bottom