• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Freemason stickers- anyone collect them?

My great Grandfather was a Freemason, but I never asked him much about it.

I did get the chance to do a very good tour of the Masonic Temple in Detroit, holy crap that place is huge! If you ever get the chance to tour it, do it. I did some very sketchy things there, like signs of torture, it was a little creepy.

Pic for scale:
mtexterior2.jpg

"I did some very sketchy things there, like signs of torture, it was a little creepy."

"You" did some very "sketchy" things there, then you should be ashamed of yourself! And "signs of torture"? And it was a "little creepy"?

See, this is how stupid rumors get started, someone who has a hard time managing the English language and a computer/cellphone keyboard wants to make a reasonable comment and ends up adding to the confusion.

If your great Grandfather was a Freemason then he must have been a good man. Do him (and the rest of us) a favor and try to explain what you mean in your post, particularly what you thought appeared to be "signs of torture". You may want to start off by saying "This is only my opinion but..........

Thanks.

My grandfather and father were Masons . Highest degree. They were both outstanding men.
Anybody that wants to insult their memory by calling the Masons a cult ...well I’m an old man but if you come to my house and say that to my face then you better be ready to defend yourself.

And I am not a Mason.

My grandfather and father were Masons . Highest degree. They were both outstanding men.
Anybody that wants to insult their memory by calling the Masons a cult ...well I’m an old man but if you come to my house and say that to my face then you better be ready to defend yourself.

And I am not a Mason.
575c68d201ae6b0b78d0c0c198a8b373.jpg

if it isn't a cult, then why is it so friggin secretive, no windows nor outsiders, that sounds like a cult to me. About the only thing public is the guys with buckets bugging everyone at the red light.A lot like the so called "Church" of scientology,
hiddy ho.gif

:deadhorse:We've been down this road before, but I'll be glad to chime in. Freemasons are not a cult, no more than ODT is a cult. It's a bunch of like-minded men who come together to advance their moral beliefs through allegory and lessons. The only real "secret" in Freemasonry is our methods of recognition - handshakes, a certain sign so we know each other "in darkness or light". We use a lot of Old English language that people find hard to understand, no problem with that, but we don't do anything immoral or illegal. In fact, the "no windows, no outsiders" comment is really ignorant of Freemasonry and fraternal organizations in general.
If we were "secret" why do we have prominent Square and Compasses at the entry to cities, why do we have prominent Square and Compasses on our buildings? Why do we wear a Square and Compass ring or lapel pin?
Anyone in the community has a standing offer to visit a Lodge and get a tour of what and how we do what we do, just ask.
Any man can join the Freemasons; but you have to ask "by your own accord". We don't recruit men because it has to be by your own desire to become a Freemason; to enhance and enrich what you already have.

Back
Top Bottom