FRANKFORD ARSENAL M-PRESS $181.60

deathbeforehonor

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
45   0
Reaction score
$181.60 includes tax and shipping.
Graf's Frankford Arsenal M-Press
If you're in the market for a new precision single stage press Graf's has them in stock right now, no back orders at this price. The best price I've ever seen for one!

AP2020 Outdoors M-Press Review
(Nito is rad, his work with the 350 Legend is eye opening)

I'd be all over one but below I detail my recent experience with some equipment I use.

A two weeks back I seen Brownell's had Sinclair Concentricity gauges on sale for $89.99+tax. I did a quick search on Armslist and got a brand new one delivered for $70. I run an older used Rock Chucker IV single stage I got from a trader for $100 using an old used RCBS small base .308 die I got off gunbroker for $12 and my necks avg .0015" when loaded with a New Lee Ultimate .308 Seater I get .003" avg on concentricity. WhichI guess I've known I must have been doing something right. Using pull down bullets and range pickup brass or military stuff fired from M60's... Been getting MOA or just above in Bear Creek Arsenal 1:10 18" Barrels for $.21 to $.25ea. After talking to a few reloaders and looking into it myself, I've found I should probably be de-burring flash holes. I tried a trick of using an O-Ring instead of the metal clip in the ram to hold the shell holder to emulate a floating one. After extensive testing using 3 sizing dies Lee, Hornady, and the RCBS.. the oring trick actually made a small but measurable decrease in avg concentrity. I Still need to test bullet seaters with and without oring to even begin to consider a Redding or Forster Micro-seating die $$$!.

Going back though some older reloads I've stumbled across some that were at .016"! So there's the dreaded fliers that open up my groups occasionally.. Now to find what's causing them.

If you have an older worn out press or are looking for something for more precise rifle loads these have great reviews.. But as stated above getting quality results can be attained without the use of fancy new presses, Top shelf dies, or the best components. YMMV and getting a Good Concentricty gauge is only a way of finding you have a problem.. In my opinion I'd avoid Hornady's offering.

Happy & Safe Reloading!

$181.60 includes tax and shipping.
Graf's Frankford Arsenal M-Press
If you're in the market for a new precision single stage press Graf's has them in stock right now, no back orders at this price. The best price I've ever seen for one!

AP2020 Outdoors M-Press Review
(Nito is rad, his work with the 350 Legend is eye opening)

I'd be all over one but below I detail my recent experience with some equipment I use.

A two weeks back I seen Brownell's had Sinclair Concentricity gauges on sale for $89.99+tax. I did a quick search on Armslist and got a brand new one delivered for $70. I run an older used Rock Chucker IV single stage I got from a trader for $100 using an old used RCBS small base .308 die I got off gunbroker for $12 and my necks avg .0015" when loaded with a New Lee Ultimate .308 Seater I get .003" avg on concentricity. WhichI guess I've known I must have been doing something right. Using pull down bullets and range pickup brass or military stuff fired from M60's... Been getting MOA or just above in Bear Creek Arsenal 1:10 18" Barrels for $.21 to $.25ea. After talking to a few reloaders and looking into it myself, I've found I should probably be de-burring flash holes. I tried a trick of using an O-Ring instead of the metal clip in the ram to hold the shell holder to emulate a floating one. After extensive testing using 3 sizing dies Lee, Hornady, and the RCBS.. the oring trick actually made a small but measurable decrease in avg concentrity. I Still need to test bullet seaters with and without oring to even begin to consider a Redding or Forster Micro-seating die $$$!.

Going back though some older reloads I've stumbled across some that were at .016"! So there's the dreaded fliers that open up my groups occasionally.. Now to find what's causing them.

If you have an older worn out press or are looking for something for more precise rifle loads these have great reviews.. But as stated above getting quality results can be attained without the use of fancy new presses, Top shelf dies, or the best components. YMMV and getting a Good Concentricty gauge is only a way of finding you have a problem.. In my opinion I'd avoid Hornady's offering.

Happy & Safe Reloading!
Very good info.

Back
Top Bottom