• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Found money in a Goodwill purchase Edit Now With Pic

This post brings up a really cool story I would like to share ... back when I was in college and broke AF, I worked a lot of different jobs to pay for college and many of them were cash paying. One year, I had a pretty large sum of cash in my wallet as I was planning on going to the bank that day to get a check to pay for my tuition that was due that week. I didn't have a bank account at that time. Well, I went to the grocery store that day and dropped my wallet in the parking lot with all of that cash. I didn't even know I lost it and was in the shower when I heard a knock on my door. Keep in mind this was in a run down, college apartment complex. The guy that knocked on my door was the guy that found my wallet and handed it back to me ... every dollar accounted for. I will NEVER forget that man!

Bless his heart. That reminded me of a time a woman lost her wallet in a public building. It had her rent money in it. The wallet was returned when it was found with all the money still in it.

This post brings up a really cool story I would like to share ... back when I was in college and broke AF, I worked a lot of different jobs to pay for college and many of them were cash paying. One year, I had a pretty large sum of cash in my wallet as I was planning on going to the bank that day to get a check to pay for my tuition that was due that week. I didn't have a bank account at that time. Well, I went to the grocery store that day and dropped my wallet in the parking lot with all of that cash. I didn't even know I lost it and was in the shower when I heard a knock on my door. Keep in mind this was in a run down, college apartment complex. The guy that knocked on my door was the guy that found my wallet and handed it back to me ... every dollar accounted for. I will NEVER forget that man!

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. I'm not sure how I dropped my wallet without knowing, but a guy who worked for Greystone power company found it in a convenience store parking lot where I had stopped that morning. He brought it to the door and every dollar was in there...Around $300 cash, if memory serves...He would not accept a dime from me for his act of kindness. I've never forgotten him.

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. I'm not sure how I dropped my wallet without knowing, but a guy who worked for Greystone power company found it in a convenience store parking lot where I had stopped that morning. He brought it to the door and every dollar was in there...Around $300 cash, if memory serves...He would not accept a dime from me for his act of kindness. I've never forgotten him.

That's awesome! Still a lot of good people out there.

Back
Top Bottom