• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Found money in a Goodwill purchase Edit Now With Pic

What kind of currency and how much? Your wording makes it sound like foreign currency that you need exchanged for $USD.

Obviously use it to buy more clothes from goodwill with more money in the pockets! Super cool find! Since there isn’t a way to find who donated it I would dare give it to goodwill.

If it were me, I'd donate it to my church, especially knowing 100% they'll use it for good and not pocket it. I wouldn't want to keep it based off how you got it ... I think that would eat on my conscious, but that's just me. How much was it?

Assuming this is a small enough amount of money that it would not make sense to waste a lot of time and effort, and expect other institutions like Goodwill and government agencies like the Sheriffs office or GBI to try to investigate who the former owner of this coat was, then I'd keep it.

I don't know or care what the "legal answer" is right now, but morally I think you can keep it and do whatever you want with it.

Since it is found money, unearned, and an unexpected blessing to you, it would be nice for you to "pay it forward" and bless somebody else or a worthy charity.

Highly unlikely they'll ever trace the money back to the donor if you returned it. I'd keep it and donate it to somebody in need or whatever you feel is right. I don't know that I'd give it back to Goodwill though.

Back
Top Bottom