• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forward Assist Needed in an Urban Environment?

Shags

Default rank <2500 posts
Will Commit War Crimes for Scooby Snacks
38   0
Reaction score
I work security mainly in Atlanta and have been trying to find a gun for work. I was about to pick up a PWS MK1 Mod 2 for the lighter weight and sleeker build. However it has no forward assist compared to the mod 1 and I’ve only ever owned one other AR without. I‘ve never once used it in the past so I don’t know if I’d even need it in the city. Would you opt for or will it make no real difference?

I work security mainly in Atlanta and have been trying to find a gun for work. I was about to pick up a PWS MK1 Mod 2 for the lighter weight and sleeker build. However it has no forward assist compared to the mod 1 and I’ve only ever owned one other AR without. I‘ve never once used it in the past so I don’t know if I’d even need it in the city. Would you opt for or will it make no real difference?
The weight penalty is so damn negligible that youd might as well have it. Plus it helps for closing the chamber quietly

I'd personally not carry an AR for life saving duty without one. In the land of super extended charging handles being moved about, all it takes is 1/8 inch for first round to click not bang. Tapping the forward assist assures the gun is locked up ready to shoot. Its not like a handgun where you can physically see the slide not fully forward at a glance, you won't know until you need it. YMMV

Just curious where you work that allows a privately owned rifle. State licensed security guards are only allowed pistols and shotguns. No rifles of any type per the state. Federal security provides the weapons for those contracts. As to the question yes to a forward assist no matter the environment.

Back
Top Bottom