• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Former officer Rolfe accused of violation terms of his bond

This AP article says the defense response was Rolfe went to visit his grandparents, and that his bond had no restrictions on out-of-state travel, nor was he confined to home. Only that he had a 6pm to 6am curfew, with an exception for work, medical or legal appointments.

https://apnews.com/398196fb358e7f8101038146f518f376

A curfew, in law, generally means prohibition from being in a public space for a given time window. Different from being confined to one's home.

I presume the judge will have the final say in the meaning of the words in the bond.

This AP article says the defense response was Rolfe went to visit his grandparents, and that his bond had no restrictions on out-of-state travel, nor was he confined to home. Only that he had a 6pm to 6am curfew, with an exception for work, medical or legal appointments.

https://apnews.com/398196fb358e7f8101038146f518f376

A curfew, in law, generally means prohibition from being in a public space for a given time window. Different from being confined to one's home.

I presume the judge will have the final say in the meaning of the words in the bond.

If it wasn't a condition of bond, why would he have to put in a permit to begin with? His lawyer filed a request and it wasn't approved or denied. Failure to give a response on a permit doesn't equate to it being approved. It means either resubmit or just wait.

An ankle monitor usually means the person can't leave the jurisdiction. If he was in real danger of being charged, no way he would have pulled this stunt. If this wasn't a cop the Judge would have thrown his a$$ in jail. Laws don't apply to everyone apparently.

i will shed no tears for a police officer getting ****ed by a system that he gladly took part in beforehand.

The system being messed up doesn't have anything to do with Rolfe. If you watch the bodycam footage, you see two officers treating a suspect with decency and respect, right up to the point where the suspect starts to physically fight what appears to be a good arrest, based on reasonable suspicion of DUI.

Everything I see Rolfe (and the other officer) do from the various camera footage is justified, up to and including using deadly force.

We need more officers who perform like that. Although we want to train them more in hand-to-hand combat.

Back
Top Bottom