• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Former officer Rolfe accused of violation terms of his bond

Yeah, and is it possible, to further villainize the guy, the Fulton County DA is lying to the court and the press? And maybe the press is happy to play along without a reporter ever expending a single calorie of energy looking for the truth?

Rolfe knows he's monitored. He understands the consequences. I'm guessing he got permission to leave the state and now they're just walking it back and turning it into a P.R. stunt.

Or you could place your bet on the legendary integrity of the Fulton County DA.
Honestly anything is possible at this point.

C’mon he figured it be his last hurrah before tptb hang him by the noose. Oh wait, sorry he’s white. Only other flavored folks were ever to be hanged by a rope!

It depends on the terms of his bond. I haven't read that document, and guessing you probably haven't either.

I haven't. But I'd put $20 "allow vacation to Florida" isn't on it. I wonder if the court would have even cared or known if he didn't have his lawyer send in his notice of travel at all.

I get it. This whole case is a sham and a miscarriage of justice to you. However the law is supposed to be applicable to everyone. If Rolfe gets off, I hope he sues the **** out of the soon to be former DA for bringing this case on. But for the time being, Mr. Rolfe is just like you and I. Unless you got millions of dollars somewhere...

According to the article....

"The Bond Order signed by the Honorable Judge Jane C. Barwick on June 30, 2020, expressly states that the Defendant is only allowed to leave home for medical, legal, or work related obligations. Thus, Defendant has clearly shown that he will not abide by the conditions of bond imposed by the Court. Given the Defendant’s violations of the conditions of this Court’s bond order, the State brings this Motion to Revoke Bond before this Court," the motion read.

Assuming that is correct, while he is innocent of murder, he is an idiot for going to the beach and I can't say I'll lose a bunch of sleep if it is revoked. He did THAT to himself.

According to the article....

"The Bond Order signed by the Honorable Judge Jane C. Barwick on June 30, 2020, expressly states that the Defendant is only allowed to leave home for medical, legal, or work related obligations. Thus, Defendant has clearly shown that he will not abide by the conditions of bond imposed by the Court. Given the Defendant’s violations of the conditions of this Court’s bond order, the State brings this Motion to Revoke Bond before this Court," the motion read.

Assuming that is correct, while he is innocent of murder, he is an idiot for going to the beach and I can't say I'll lose a bunch of sleep if it is revoked. He did THAT to himself.

The motion is from the DA's office. The same DA who went on TV and said a taser isn't a deadly weapon. Same DA who, two weeks before, on TV, for another case, said a taser is deadly weapon.

Place your trust where you see fit.

The motion is from the DA's office. The same DA who went on TV and said a taser isn't a deadly weapon. Same DA who, two weeks before, on TV, for another case, said a taser is deadly weapon.

Place your trust where you see fit.
Which is why I said "assuming that is correct"..... The bond language is normally pretty clear. I don't find it hard to believe a condition of bond didn't include "out of state vacation".

Which is why I said "assuming that is correct"..... The bond language is normally pretty clear. I don't find it hard to believe a condition of bond didn't include "out of state vacation".

No, but it may well have included an exception clause that allows for requesting special travel circumstances.

And I wouldn't put it past the DA's office to sandbag that poor S-O-B. In fact, I would expect it.

More to this story than meets the eye.

No, but it may well have included an exception clause that allows for requesting special travel circumstances.

And I wouldn't put it past the DA's office to sandbag that poor S-O-B. In fact, I would expect it.

More to this story than meets the eye.
Yes it "may" have included any number of things. But logic says it wouldn't include an out of state beach vacation for an ankle monitor wearing, passport revoked, under curfew, charged with murder, person on bond,

Yes it "may" have included any number of things. But logic says it wouldn't include an out of state beach vacation for an ankle monitor wearing, passport revoked, under curfew, charged with murder, person on bond,

How do you know he was going on vacation? Oh, that's right: You read it in an online news article.

Maybe the real story is he has a sick relative who lives on the beach in Florida. Or maybe it's a funeral.

Given these two narratives:

1) Former cop in tremendously unjust circumstances, targeted by the ruling elite of Atlanta for a political narrative, with dire threat to his future, family and overall well being, makes stupid choice to go vacationing in Florida in defiance of bond terms.

or

2) Widely-known-to-be-bent DA plays P.R. games with a bond exception request from same defendant.

I'll take #2. Twice on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom