• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 4 KickBack

Jack Ryan

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
137   0
Reaction score
In another thread someone has commented about a form 4 getting Re-funded. Well I have a story for you... This individual filed a form 4 as a individual, and was depending on the ATF to talk to the FBI for a background check. The FBI couldn't respond to the ATF so the ATF denied the Form 4 and refunded the $200. This is very very rare of course, but can happen. I believe on a trust this wouldn't have happened.
20201119_110515.jpg

Still have the same background check with a trust. I would include that and refile. I would also call and ask what happened. There is a lawsuit out there over the FBI and their background checks. See if he can be added as a plaintiff. A right delayed is a right denied. Does he have any issues ? Old arrest ? common name ?

A lot of these happen when there is an actual criminal with the same name. This is where having the upin comes in handy and I would highly suggest anyone who has trouble with background checks due to someone else or a very common name to get a upin. Not difficult to get.

Still have the same background check with a trust. I would include that and refile. I would also call and ask what happened. There is a lawsuit out there over the FBI and their background checks. See if he can be added as a plaintiff. A right delayed is a right denied. Does he have any issues ? Old arrest ? common name ?
No idea, I've never seen this before personally. Just thought I'd share and talk about it

I got the same thing (returned without further action) on a form 1 the other day. They said it was put on 90 day hold because they are covered up with applications. It still shows active and pending on Eforms website.

They do this a lot, ATF claims they can’t talk to FBI because it’s an FBI issue and the FBI claims they can’t talk to ATF because it’s an ATF issue all while you sit and eventually dumped in the bureaucracy circle jerk where nobody is a winner with literally ZERO that you can do to alleviate or fix the issue

Usually came about due to a prior conviction or incident that no longer is "on your record" but actually is aka DUI or something similar that is pinging the FBI database for a closer look

I got the same thing (returned without further action) on a form 1 the other day. They said it was put on 90 day hold because they are covered up with applications. It still shows active and pending on Eforms website.

How long ago did you file? I sent one in a few weeks back....

I filed Dec 18 and got it came back a week or so ago with the "returned without further action". I had to contact them to find out what was going on.

Back
Top Bottom