• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 2 Issues

rinfanti

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
15   0
Reaction score
I am an 07/02 and I register a lot of NFA items.

However this last few weeks most all of my Machine gun form 2s were returned with out action. I talked to a few people at the ATF and got them most of them trough. one was a record 4 minutes between submission and approval.

the point is they asked me a lot of weird questions; where did the parts come who built the receiver... one even said "we have a new directive stating that all the parts used to make machine guns are actually machine guns."

Is this just a case of there is no prior information in the system anymore about my models because of the eforms upgrade and this is kicking everything to a manual review? Also the fact some of the reviewers are not quite up to speed...?

Wait what? How can all parts used to make a machine gun already be a machine gun? That's like saying your wife can only get pregnant if she's already pregnant.

I did another form 2 similar to the others and it came back in two days. With no problems.

Perhaps the examiner was taking cold medicine and was confused...

Do you file eforms or do paper? I only do form 2s via paper. They always screw up my eform 2s. They want way more info via eform then paper submissions. Plus if there is an issue they just return with out any info. Atleast with paper they mail it back and tell you what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom