Form 1 Suppressors

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacticalJeebus

Default rank 5000+ posts
Yes, it’s Jesus with an AR15.
489   0
Reaction score
How many guys on here have done a Form 1 suppressor kit (solvent trap kit) and how’d you like it compared to a professionally manufactured can?

I have a few Form 4 cans, and love them. But for the sake of the waiting time and price, I’m thinking of doing a Quiet Bore 22lr can. Probably titanium baffles. It is only $250, and a 30 day wait is really tempting. Especially since it will go on a bolt gun.

What have y’all tried? Quiet Bore? Quell Tech? eBay junk?

I shot a friend's .308 homebuilt suppressor on a form 1.

The body was from a 3D cell Mag-light flashlight.
He ordered the baffles mail order and drilled them out, and the end cap, himself.

He also modified the plans with some spacers in between the baffles.

Result: a very quiet suppressor that makes full power 308 rifle ammo sound like a 22 LR rifle shot (with ordinary high velocity ammo).
Except for the supersonic crack, there's not much else you hear when firing this.
It barely changes the point of impact too --only maybe a 2 m.o.a. difference whether the can is on or off the muzzle.
Which is remarkable because it's a fairly big unit-- something like 12 inches long.

Helped do a solvent trap, was easy to do in a lathe and modified it to have a wipe on the end. .22lr ran through it, no bang and just a crack from sound barrier. He’s trying to get cci standard or quiet ammo to see it is. Should be quite silent and the wipe made a hell of a difference. I believe it could use 2-3 more baffles also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom