• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 suppressor

I think a spring in the front would only create wear on the baffles and the tube as the spring compresses. if the baffles dont lock they could become misaligned and possibly result in a baffle strike.

I would think that you would get a very strange recoil impulse with the high pressure and moving parts. I think this is why you don't see this design in any current rifle baffle stacks. Like Control for Smilers Control for Smilers said, you don't want moving baffles as to avoid baffle strike. The inside of a suppressor has a lot of violence going on as it is.

I could see the potential if the sliding baffle opened some closed ports to bleed pressure into another area at the start of the blast...but..

What happens with quick follow up shots?
The spring tension would have to be perfectly calibrated to match the amount of gas.
The chance of a broken spring or baffle due to heat or carbon fouling is high.

Try this instead.
Drill/port your baffles asymmetrically per each baffle.
Change the size, number and location for each baffle.

OSS has some cool suppressor designs as well...I just don't have deep pockets.

I could see the potential if the sliding baffle opened some closed ports to bleed pressure into another area at the start of the blast...but..

What happens with quick follow up shots?
The spring tension would have to be perfectly calibrated to match the amount of gas.
The chance of a broken spring or baffle due to heat or carbon fouling is high.

Try this instead.
Drill/port your baffles asymmetrically per each baffle.
Change the size, number and location for each baffle.

OSS has some cool suppressor designs as well...I just don't have deep pockets.
Oss stuff is pretty cheap now.

Back
Top Bottom