• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 Solvent Traps

@djmillertj can enlighten you boys on Quitebore.com’s form 1 kits. He has a couple of them.

I obtained a quietbore form 1 kit in 2021. My Form 1 approval arrived ~2 weeks before the solvent trap came in the mail. QB now requires you to submit a pending form 1 before they will ship. I guess the argument there is that it alleviates the whole concept of criminal intent as RiverBend RiverBend mentioned.

You MUST have the Form 1 in hand to legally receive said solvent trap if it has holes in both ends and is threaded. ATF considers it a can.

If no drilled ends you can order as many as you like. Form 1 in hand when you drill.

For all the trouble I’d just buy a factory suppressor. That said, I’ve shot some suppressed firearms with the proper paperwork. I though it was cool, but not worth the trouble for myself to own one.

I’m considering doing one, but only because I want a rimfire that’s got a bit more volume and length for one of my hosts. Seems the trend is small and lightweight. I have a first gen sig rimfire can that’s as basic as you can get and has lots of volume, about as big around as some of my 9mm cans. It’s probably my quietest can.

Back
Top Bottom