• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 Solvent Traps

GC Josh

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
Pew Pew
74   0
Reaction score
Anyone here form 1'd a solvent trap? Any advice on where to buy? There are plenty of websites that advertise.. just curious if anyone has any personal experience on which ones are best.

I have a Form 4's in ATF purgatory at the moment. Considering a form 1 in the mean time since the wait times are incredibly low.

Anyone here form 1'd a solvent trap? Any advice on where to buy? There are plenty of websites that advertise.. just curious if anyone has any personal experience on which ones are best.
Quite bore is what most people I've talked with has said

I have a Form 4's in ATF purgatory at the moment. Considering a form 1 in the mean time since the wait times are incredibly low.

In for answers. Those "solvent trap" things look like very affordable 99% complete silencer kits.
My next suppressor will probably be for .30 rifles (and I'll also use it on an AR in .223).
Would a "solvent trap kit" silencer hold up to the pressures and heat involved in shooting a 7.62 NATO (full length barrels, not SBR, and only slow-fire anticipated). No mag dumps.

A whole range of options are available from Amazon for "patch traps, filter traps, solvent traps." They're usually adapters that fit many popular barrel threads and adapt to oil filters, bottles, etc. They have a variety of different filters, adapters, contraptions, etc. But there's a reason why their language describing them is like it is. Just don't get caught using one on a weapon would be my advice.

Um, Gaffer, these posters are talking about properly registering a do-it-yourself silencer that is "manufactured" by you, legally registered with BATF and taxed, using an ATF Form 1.

I missed the first poster's intent. Just seems like an expensive way to do it. If he is going to "build" one, then the adapter and in-line filter is probably the most popular

31Kr7GKkIaL._AC_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom