• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 for SBR

rmb clicks

Default rank <100 posts Supporter
Hunter
33   0
Reaction score
I want to do one of these. I'm assuming I want to do eFile with a trust (don't want individual, as my wife has access to the safe, and I want it to be legal).

I'm looking for a guide on how to do this. Can someone point me to something they used to navigate the process?

I want to do one of these. I'm assuming I want to do eFile with a trust (don't want individual, as my wife has access to the safe, and I want it to be legal).

I'm looking for a guide on how to do this. Can someone point me to something they used to navigate the process?

I think this should still be valid

If you keep your NFA weapon in a safe that your wife has the ability and intent to get into to retrieve her gun, some other gun that's not an NFA weapon, among the many guns in that safe, I don't think anybody would care or presume that she's in "constructive possession" of your NFA guns.

But if you will be teaching her to shoot your new SBR, and especially if she really would grab it an use it on her own if the need arose, then yes, it's a jointly-possessed weapon and a trust is the way to go, with two of you being the Trustees.

As the video says, after ATF's new rule 41F (F for final, before that it was Rule 41-P for "proposed") both of y'all will be classified as responsible parties who must be fingerprinted and send photos to ATF along with your copy of your Trust.

If you want to hire a lawyer to write up a trust for you, give me a call.

It’s better in the long run to just do the trust regardless of any additional paperwork cause it’s more useful and “living”…if your trust is written right you can just submit a revocation paper and then reinstate and don’t have to submit any additional fingerprints minus your own

I think this should still be valid

Thanks for that. It assumes you already have a trust, or know how to set one up. Right now, that's what I need to do. Looking into options. When I purchased a can, I just used the NFA trust option, and it was super easy. Seems like the Form 1 for SBR doesn't have an "easy button" like for suppressors via Silencer Shop.

Thanks for that. It assumes you already have a trust, or know how to set one up. Right now, that's what I need to do. Looking into options. When I purchased a can, I just used the NFA trust option, and it was super easy. Seems like the Form 1 for SBR doesn't have an "easy button" like for suppressors via Silencer Shop.
Form 1s use to when Silencer Shop offered their Form 1 service but for some reason they stopped doing it. That said Form 1s are pretty easy when you get your trust set up.

I actually wrote my own trust with the assistance of another member that used to be on here but this was years ago not sure I would trust myself now and I still dont know how it would hold up under legal scrutiny but it works well enough to get the goods. :lol: I think lawyers were writing trust for like $100-$200 though, its money well spent in this game.

Back
Top Bottom