• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford's new all electric F-150. Really?

IT's going to be the new norm....
and there is no arguing their POWER they are capable of.

I'd like to see their reliability and I seriously may consider one.
thanks to sleepy joey, and $3/gallon --- only going to go UP fellas.

How far will it go on a tank of electric? Couldn’t find that in the article.
In the video it states the projected range is 300 mile with the optional extra battery pack...... Driving in flat areas without running the Air Conditioning ;-) Would like to see the real world numbers in less than ideal conditions and of course the range when towing.

In the video it states the projected range is 300 mile with the optional extra battery pack...... Driving in flat areas without running the Air Conditioning ;-) Would like to see the real world numbers in less than ideal conditions and of course the range when towing.
I'd like to see the numbers with a 6000 lb load.

Saw many jack up golf carts in sporting clays, and the lesson you learn, the greater the load, the faster the batteries go dead.

Yes, due to the nature of electric motors, you have awesome torque, which with a load, can burn up the motor because that torque comes from beaucoup amps flowing through the motor.

I would own one. Honestly. My commute is 8 miles and I seldom need to haul heavy stuff far distances. I will always own at least one IcE in case I need to run somewhere on short notice, like with my old parents in PA but honestly for me a basic golf cart would be fine for 96% of my life

While I am sure there are many who use their truck like a car.
I, however, am not one of those folks ;-)
I frequently haul stuff in the bed and tow with it regularly.
No plans from me to be an early adopter. I'll wait until the engineers have the bugs worked out.

While I am sure there are many who use their truck like a car.
I, however, am not one of those folks ;-)
I frequently haul stuff in the bed and tow with it regularly.
No plans from me to be an early adopter. I'll wait until the engineers have the bugs worked out.
95% of the F150's are subdivision trucks w/bling wheels and fancy crap.
Been tryin to find a "work truck" with crew, 6.5 foot bed, 4wd and max tow package. They rarely exist in GA, most are out of state. Gave up on it and just drive my old crap.

Reactions: Nat
300 miles I think.
And therein is the Achilles Heel of the all electric vehicle movement.

Take a gas/diesel truck and electric truck with a 300 mile range.

Drive 300 miles - the petroleum fueled vehicles can pull into one of hundreds of gas stations, and refuel for another 300 miles in less than 5 minutes. The electric vehicle has to find a charging station, and it will take overnight to get a "full tank". If it has access to a high speed charging station it still will take about 3 hours, during which time the charging station is out of service for the rest of the world.

Talk is about converting to all electric in 20 years. USA will not have the infrastructure to support all electric vehicles for 50 years, if then, If the tree huggers get the willies at a pipeline, wait until they start crisscrossing the country with high amperage lines (high EMR) to deliver a sufficient quantity of electricity to Climax, GA. You don't just fill up a tanker and drop off the KW at the local 7-11.

When you consider how much of the country doesn't have internet access, and in 20 years, you are going to supply that same parts of the country with enough electrical energy to meet all of its needs. B.S.

Back
Top Bottom