• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford transmission question

I've only given it a quick wash.. haven't detailed it or cleaned the interior, but it's in great shape.

uploadfromtaptalk1602981291538.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1602981374774.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1602981383648.jpg

I picked up some police rear springs and shocks from there. I got the transmission from LKQ in Jenkinsburg.
Let me know how it rides with those coils. I wouldnt mind having a little more capacity. Mine had Gabriel shocks on it and rode terrible. Swapped them out for Motorcrafts and it helped a lot.

Let me know how it rides with those coils. I wouldnt mind having a little more capacity. Mine had Gabriel shocks on it and rode terrible. Swapped them out for Motorcrafts and it helped a lot.

Once it's sorted out I'll let you take it for drive. I took the police shocks from a 2010, and from my experience they last a long time.

I got the transmission installed and buttoned up the details. I just took it for a drive (15 miles or so) and everything is working great. Deep cleaning and detailing starts tomorrow.

Well, obviously its late and my brain isn't participating!
E40D (I think) in a 96 f150 4.9 inline 6 cyl.
Will no go into 1st or OD? Not manually or otherwise.
New "neutral " switch. the OD light doesn't come on or blink or flash and doesn't respond to being pressed.
No codes? OBDII failed to communication?
I sure love these fords but never had much luck with ford or mopour transmissions.

Back
Top Bottom