• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Ready to Ship Thousands of F-Series Pickups Out

The tundra not being updated since 2007 is actually a plus to me .
It’s a solid design and there’s not as much computer crap on it like all the other vehicles have .

you’re right about the trucks on the lot though,
There’s no middle of the road models. They have a few el-strippo work trucks and the rest all have every possible option and cost $60k
If you want a normal truck you have to special order it and wait.
I wish they only cost $60k. The first guy on the F250 Tremor Forum to take delivery of a 2022 posted his pics yesterday. His listed for over $85k (platinum diesel).

I was a Ford guy for a lot of years. Never had a problem with one.

Bought a new travel trailer that was just to much for my F150 to pull and stop. Memorial Day last year (2020) I went shopping, I ended up at the Chevy dealer and for 50k out the door bought a nicely equipped 2500 Duramax Diesel crew cab with a 10 speed Allison transmission. Now I pull the travel trailer and don’t even know it’s there.

Point is, there are deals out there. You can still get a killer truck for 50k, but you really do have to shop. You have to check out all the dealers using the internet, get internet specials and buy when they’re on sale.

I’m very happy with this Chevy and according to the RV community the Duramax Diesel was the way to go. I’ll tell you this, it’s way faster than I thought it would be. Fast enough to make you giggle……

According to Ford, they want the dealers to take the trucks and put them on the lots. When the chips are in Ford will pay the dealers to install them. Majority of the dealers are saying no to this.

Oh yea they will ,
I’ve seen lots of times where an identical new vehicle is the same price or less than the used one.

happens a lot with Toyota pickups and some volkswagens for some odd reason.

I guess some people who are on a budget never shop for a new car and always think the used one is cheaper

I’ve never bought a new one . Always get used , normally at an auction or somewhere that I’m not paying retail.
I guess I should have included the word "intentionally".

According to Ford, they want the dealers to take the trucks and put them on the lots. When the chips are in Ford will pay the dealers to install them. Majority of the dealers are saying no to this.

It's a gamble.... They either have ready inventory quicker, when the chips come in (maybe soon) OR they store trucks for Ford and take up their lot space with trucks, they can't sell for months. :subdued:

It's a gamble.... They either have ready inventory quicker, when the chips come in (maybe soon) OR they store trucks for Ford and take up their lot space with trucks, they can't sell for months. :subdued:
I wouldn’t want to be paying interest on inventory I knew I couldn’t sell.

I wouldn’t want to be paying interest on inventory I knew I couldn’t sell.

Yep - that's true. I think Ford will pay the dealer to take them.

Then again if the chips come in fast, your dealership has ready to sell trucks on the lot. No waiting for production to ramp up and get trucks weeks (or months) later.

Yep - that's true. I think Ford will pay the dealer to take them.

Then again if the chips come in fast, your dealership has ready to sell trucks on the lot. No waiting for production to ramp up and get trucks weeks (or months) later.
If Ford will pay the floor plan costs, sounds like a win-win. But it’s gonna be hard to keep that “best selling pickup” crown if you can’t get them off the lot.
Plus, the 2022 models should be out soon.
Might be some real deals on F150s next couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom