• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford "Mustang" Mach-E

Yup... Tesla is an EV company, that's all they do and they don't have to do more than break even to make their CEO happy. He has enough stock to tell everyone else to go suck eggs.

After the Model 3 there's little or no doubt anymore that they can scale up EVs and compete with the big boys. They are coming off a clean sheet of paper, and don't have billions tied up in gas cars, 100 year old plants, and unions.

I'll be interested to see what the Tesla 'pickup' will actually look like. That's due in a few days if I remember, and the F-150 is Fords #1 selling vehicle. I don't know how many people will buy a Tesla pickup, but every one that does won't be buying a Ford.

The thing that's sad is that Ford could have done a real EV version of the Mustang. They kept that as the last coupe anyways, just double down and make one that blows the doors off any Vette, Camaro or (God Forbid!) Challenger Hellcat out there. They could have had the first real Detroit Muscle in an EV, and instead they came out with a crappy looking mini-SUV that literally nobody was asking for and which every other carmaker with EV dreams is already making.

They could have made this...

tesla-roadster-red-1b.jpg

But instead thought this would be better...

2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-220-1574000540.jpg

They deserve to go under and get run through the bankruptcy mill when this explodes in their face.

an electric hatch back SUV? Not bad looking but not a Mustang and certainly not a Mach anything

View attachment 2367000
I posted a thread about these a while back. I believe my title was " Well this should kill of the Mustang". Granted the ones in my thread pics were uglier than this one. This ine just looks kinda like a bloated Taurus.
I know that all the auto makers are running towards hybrids and all electric models as fast as they can BUT...they don't ALL have to be bull**** comprimise cars. If they're gonna go all electric with the Mustang I would much prefer they just kill off the name and let it diea with some dignity. Back in the mid 80s Ford developed the Probe and it was gonna be the new Mustang. Well...until all the Mustang clubs found out about it. They raised so much hell that Ford backed off the idea and renamed the mostly Mazda front driver as the Probe.
Similar story; not that long ago I posted a thread about an all electric Sportster. I've never owned a bike but if I did it would be a Sporty. I just like the slim clean looks of them. But if Harley Davidson really thinks they gotta jump on the New Green Deal bandwagon I hope they fall flat on their faces. Same goes for the all new plug in Jeep Wrangler. If you take your brand and try to make it all things to all people it very seldom works. I believe that's what Nascar tried to do in recent years and it's not going well for them. All you're doing is alienating your base audience/customers.

Sure electric cars are quick. I have no issue with Ford building an all electric car/suv and competing with others like Tesla. Just don't slap a Mustang badge on it and try and tap into it's heritage. Saying the Mach E "has the soul of a pony" is just Ford marketing BS too me. It has nothing to do with a Mustang...it's just a big lie.

The engine debate isn't the issue... What does an all electric suv have to do with a iconic Mustang?

Would you buy an all electric minivan called the " F-150 Mach T "? Would it be a true F-150? No of course not.
BAM! No more calls please. We have a winmer. This guy just summed it all up perfectly.

Exactly why the video I posted is worth watching.
You just reminded me of a point I missed earlier. A Mustang ( or Camaro or Challenger or Wrangler or Porsche or any other supposed muscle/sports car) does NOT have 4/FOUR ****ing doors. Any car with 4 doors is by definition a SEDAN . And a sedan is NOT a sports car or muscle car. I quote the D bags from Gas Monkey garage. " Words we do not like " four door" and "long bed". Adding 2 extra doors to any performance vehicle is a comprimise at best.

I have no idea what to think about any of this new stuff. I drive older cars and engineer it into what I want out of it. So far I've had enough of the new products they're trying to push on the consumer. I know my wife will want a new one at some point. She may get it, but I may not want anything to do with it

Back
Top Bottom