• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford "Mustang" Mach-E

Impala, Charger, Malibu, Dart, all iconic cars that came back out nothing like the icons and still sold well.

The difference is Ford still makes the iconic mustang too.

semi related I saw a new blazer today. I really line it. I will never own another GM vehicle but I think they will sell a ton of them.
They didn't come back as SUVs much less electric. The reincarnation of the GTO was a visual joke but at least it was supposed to be a 2 door 'muscle' car. The Thunderbird was all over the place during it's history and final reincarnation, but at least it stayed a 2 door car. You're right, it's "just a name", but it makes zero sense.
Generally people like specific models for a reason, sometimes that includes nostalgia. I doubt seriously there's a Mustang owner or wanna be Mustang owner anywhere that ever uttered the phrase "I really like Mustangs, I just wish they'd make it as an SUV... and an electric one."

They didn't come back as SUVs much less electric. The reincarnation of the GTO was a visual joke but at least it was supposed to be a 2 door 'muscle' car. The Thunderbird was all over the place during it's history and final reincarnation, but at least it stayed a 2 door car. You're right, it's "just a name", but it makes zero sense.
Generally people like specific models for a reason, sometimes that includes nostalgia. I doubt seriously there's a Mustang owner or wanna be Mustang owner anywhere that ever uttered the phrase "I really like Mustangs, I just wish they'd make it as an SUV... and an electric one."

That’s what I’m saying. They still make a sport coupe mustang for those who want it.

I enjoyed my 1973 Pinto. 2.0L and slick 4spd.
Sure it was slow off line due to lousy power/weight
ratio but okay after get it rolling. Even had two
emergency brakes standard. Hand brake between
seats and for real emergency throw on the A/C.
That big compressor kick in on 4 cyl about like
launching a parachute out the back.
When Mustang II came out general consensus at the
dealership was that maybe the 1971-73 Mustang wasn't
so bad (after seeing the pinto based Mustang II). Several
of us called it the Mustang Also instead of Mustang II.
Guess you had to be there. Be glad you weren't.

..... I saw a new Blazer today. I really like it. I will never own
another GM vehicle but I think they will sell a ton of them.
Oh, I get it. If they sale a ton of 'em that be like only one, right?
Seeing how a ton equals 2,000 lbs. Wait a Blazer may weigh more
than that. How they going to sale less than One?
Is that same thing as a lease?

Oh, I get it. If they sale a ton of 'em that be like only one, right?
Seeing how a ton equals 2,000 lbs. Wait a Blazer may weigh more
than that. How they going to sale less than One?
Is that same thing as a lease?

is that metric or imperial? Is there a conversion chart somewhere?

They didn't come back as SUVs much less electric. You're right, it's "just a name", but it makes zero sense. Generally people like specific models for a reason, sometimes that includes nostalgia. I doubt seriously there's a Mustang owner or wanna be Mustang owner anywhere that ever uttered the phrase "I really like Mustangs, I just wish they'd make it as an SUV... and an electric one."

Keep preachin' it brother - I'm on the front row. There are plenty of old Ford & Mercury names that can be reused, plus an unlimited number of made up alpha-numeric ones they can create for it. No reason to use Mustang for this electric one. I'm sure in time it can crate it's own personality. Hopefully people will just come to only use "mach e" and Ford will drop Mustang from the name at some point...I hope!

That is just as nerdy as my Chevy Volt.A Mustang it is not.View attachment 2368164

I can't believe Chevy killed off the Volt. the 2nd gen version looked a heck of a lot better than this new 'Mustang".

Well looks like you'll be buying? 300 mile range and 0-60 in the 'mid 3' second range and $36k after rebates on the 'Select' model (though that one is only 'mid 5's' 0-60).
https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/

Lol at calling that thing a Mustang.

Rebates? LOL.

Unless you are one of the first folks in line, Ford will run out of federal rebate money almost right away with the volume they are forecasting. Expect to pay the full sticker price for EVs from now on. No more tax credits from either state or feds these days.

But you're right... For my money the only one slightly worthy of the 'Mustang' badge will be the GT model (due 2021), and a Tesla 3 Performance at roughly the same price (and available today) will blow the doors off it and still have all the cool Tesla stuff and an 8 year warranty on the electrics.

Ford just made a 'bet the company' move with this car. That's one reason they felt they had to tie the Mustang heritage to it. They are $11 billion in debt and if this doesn't sell like hotcakes (it won't) they are going to be in for some rough times.

Ford said the only US passenger vehicle they'd make would be the Mustang. Wouldn't want them to be liars would you ?

will blow the doors off it and still have all the cool Tesla stuff and an 8 year warranty on the electrics.

There is no way a Ford will ever have all the cool Tesla stuff. They will let the beancounters design the car and electronics and you'll be lucky if it has a NAV system.

Back
Top Bottom