• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford "Mustang" Mach-E

Bryan

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
184   0
Reaction score
an electric hatch back SUV? Not bad looking but not a Mustang and certainly not a Mach anything

mustang.jpg

As a life long Mustang fan and current owner (Mustang #2) - I think it's a huge mistake. Call it plain Mach E, Maverick Mach E, Torino Mach E, - just not Mustang Mach E. It dilutes the Mustang name and in the end will hurt the only passenger car to survive Ford ongoing car purge.

If its not capable of smoky burnouts at the drag strip or competing on a road course - it does not deserve the name and the badge. Also where is the Mustang GT V8 sound? I just don't see why the marketing suits at Ford felt this was necessary. Plus the fact that the mach E is made in Mexico (instead of Flat Rock Michigan like the REAL Mustangs) just adds to my disgust. I hate it!

As a life long Mustang fan and current owner (Mustang #2) - I think it's a huge mistake. Call it plain Mach E, Maverick Mach E, Torino Mach E, - just not Mustang Mach E. It dilutes the Mustang name and in the end will hurt the only passenger car to survive Ford ongoing car purge. If its not capable of smoky burnouts at the drag strip or competing on a road course - it does not deserve the name and the badge. Also where is the Mustang GT V8 sound? I just don't see why the marketing suits at Ford felt this was necessary. Plus the fact they are made in Mexico (instead of Flat Rock Michigan like the REAL Mustangs) just adds to my disgust. I hate it!

It’s faster than the GT.

The V6 ecoboost mustang has been faster than the V8 GT for several years now.

I own a Coyote 5.0 V8 F150 but only because I couldn’t find one similar with the more powerful ecoboost V6. The V8 sounds good but most of the sound is fake and piped in through the stereo speakers.

They days of no replacement for displacement are behind us.

As a life long Mustang fan and current owner (Mustang #2) - I think it's a huge mistake. Call it plain Mach E, Maverick Mach E, Torino Mach E, - just not Mustang Mach E. It dilutes the Mustang name and in the end will hurt the only passenger car to survive Ford ongoing car purge. If its not capable of smoky burnouts at the drag strip or competing on a road course - it does not deserve the name and the badge. Also where is the Mustang GT V8 sound? I just don't see why the marketing suits at Ford felt this was necessary. Plus the fact they are made in Mexico (instead of Flat Rock Michigan like the REAL Mustangs) just adds to my disgust. I hate it!
Even more of a disgrace than a four door Charger

If they can really get the range to 250-300 miles to charge and get 0-60 below 6 or even below 4 and sell them for less than $50k after rebates and incentives... they will sell a boatload of these especially if they figured out a way to pipe in some serious engine sounds. It’s definitely interesting, I hope they sell shiploads of them

It’s faster than the GT. The V6 ecoboost mustang has been faster than the V8 GT for several years now. I own a Coyote 5.0 V8 F150 but only because I couldn’t find one similar with the more powerful ecoboost V6. The V8 sounds good but most of the sound is fake and piped in through the stereo speakers. They days of no replacement for displacement are behind us.

Sure electric cars are quick. I have no issue with Ford building an all electric car/suv and competing with others like Tesla. Just don't slap a Mustang badge on it and try and tap into it's heritage. Saying the Mach E "has the soul of a pony" is just Ford marketing BS too me. It has nothing to do with a Mustang...it's just a big lie.

The engine debate isn't the issue... What does an all electric suv have to do with a iconic Mustang?

Would you buy an all electric minivan called the " F-150 Mach T "? Would it be a true F-150? No of course not.

Back
Top Bottom