• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford Mechanic Take My Money

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Alright so as you may have seen my truck is listed for sale. I am about to have a little bit of spending money coming around and would like to go ahead and do the cam phaser repairs to eliminate the ticking in my truck. I figure 1 it will possibly assist in the sale if i go ahead and take care of the repair and 2 it will make me happy if it doesn't sell knowing that the repair has been completed. My local shop has not called me back with a quote like i asked so if someone would be willing to PM me their shop information and a general quote for the cam phaser replacement i would appreciate it. It's the 2006 Ford F-150 5.4 3v standard cam phaser tick. Thanks and look forward to doing business with someone soon.

I have a 2004 lariat with the 5.4 / 3 valve. I changed mine out about 2 years ago. The parts stores couldn't get the cam phasers and all said they were dealer item only. The dealers wanted a fortune for them. I think it was right at 400.00 each. I got them off eBay for. 355.00 for both from a dealer out west somewhere. Same P/N and Motorcraft. I did mine myself but I would guestimate spending 1600.00 - 2000.00 if you take it to a shop to have it done IF they get the parts from the dealer.

Everything i have found is just deal with the noise until it's time to get the cam chain replaced then get the work done. I'm taking it in to Ford to get the full blown 150,000 mile service done and have the truck inspected top to bottom.

Back
Top Bottom