• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford Engine Help 6.8L V10

I have 2, is missing a bolt hole in rear of bell housing and has a hairline crack in the rear by the bell housing and the other has a 2in hole in side of crate second cylinder back. Can this be repaired?

Nope. Not worth the time and money to even try to fix the cracked one. A cummings swap would be simple since they make a plug and play harness, but the engine itself would be expensive.
There's a decent junkyard in Chatsworth and alo in piedmont al.

Ok guys I'm looking to get an engine fixed or a new remanufacture unit and was hoping I could find an ODT mechanic to help me out. I have a 2003 Ford F350 and need a 6.8L V10 engine. Here's the kick, I have 2 motors now, the original and another I bought and both had some damage on the blocks. I would love to just do a partial rebuild or work to make one of the 2 units I have work since I have so many good parts and money already invested. Can the blocks be fixed or just a new short block purchased? I'm having trouble finding another motor to replace so,HELP??????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-V10-6-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item41825c1278&vxp=mtr

Depending on where the crack is, the block may be salvageable, but the one with the hole in it is toast.

Post some pictures of what you see, it may be an easy fix or a write-off but it's impossible to tell without seeing it.

Depending on where the crack is, the block may be salvageable, but the one with the hole in it is toast.

Post some pictures of what you see, it may be an easy fix or a write-off but it's impossible to tell without seeing it.

Just found and purchased a new block locally, any ODTers pros at rebuilds? would like to put this one together. I'm sure I can do it myself just short on time right now, anybody knowledgeable or interested?

Back
Top Bottom