• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forced transfer?

It doesn't me. I've worked for Fortune 500 companies for many years. The environment does not foster loyalty or good will even when you excel at your work and productivity. You are always only one Six Sigma "re-alignment" of resources away from looking for a job.

Very true. I'm glad the OP's in a position to make a choice.

The other side of it is why's the company moving ? They may have very sound business reasons for doing so. I've been in the same situation twice, once because it saved the company money, the other when larger premises were needed. Can't really argue with either.

If she is under 40, the world is her huckleberry. If she is over 45, she doesn't have much chance of earning retirement or health benefits for you or her.

I didn't think much of my wife's job, just somewhere to keep her out of trouble. But I did like the health benefits that covered me as I was self employed.

Fast forward a few years and I love that she was able to retire at 60 years with full benefits, AND my health costs are essentially zero due to a health retirement account that is inflation pegged at about 3,000 bucks a year.

Retirement is nothing to sneeze at. When I was younger it didn't mean much, but as I age, it means more and more.

Your situation may be different, but depending on age, she may be walking away from a lot of money.

Two points-

1- Georgia isn't just a "right to work state" (can't force people into labor unions),
but we are an "employment at will" state (fire or demote anybody almost any reason except a few specific forms of discrimination prohibited by federal law, or retaliation based on a perception that somebody is trying to assert their federal employment law rights).

2-- Is reassigning your wife to Riverdale furthering a legitimate business interest of the company, *or* is this just a way to bee-itch slap her
so that she gets frustrated with the job and quits?
If that's the case, is there any evidence that the real reason for wanting her gone is that
--she's a woman
or
-- that she is over age 40 (age discrimination in employment act)?
or
-- She's of a race, color, or ethnicity that her bosses or co-workers are prejudiced against?
Yeah she white.. that’s a big problem seems nowdays

Back
Top Bottom