• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forced transfer?

Just a suggestion.

Price out the "benefits" that she will be losing when she leaves the company. Maybe you already have and good for you if that's the case.

I'm assuming it's healthcare since she works for a large company.

I just know when my sister was laid off due to covid she couldn't believe how much health care coverage cost in the real world.

Good luck to the both of you!

One has to evaluate a number of things IMHO.
Pay, value of benefits such as vacation, 401K, insurance etc.
Do I see a future with this company?
Am I happy?
Whats the need / prospect of landing a new job that I will enjoy more?

I tell folks all the time (at work) find what makes you happy and remember that may not be what makes you the most money.

Well said

My wife works for a large company, recently they informed her that she had to transfer from Newnan (where we live) to Riverdale.... is that legal?

If she likes her job in Newnan don't have her quit just yet...
When Trump wins, Riverdale may take care of itself...
Riverdale.jpg
:)

Sounds like a company that you should leave in the rearview before the anchor drops.

By the sound of it, the chiefs do not have much concern for their warriors safety or well being. I would provide them with a strong pass. Might even put that in my 2 week letter.

"To whom it may concern:

Strong pass on Riverdale.
I will be resigning from my position. Effective xx xx xx.
Merry Christmas from yours truly. "

Two points-

1- Georgia isn't just a "right to work state" (can't force people into labor unions),
but we are an "employment at will" state (fire or demote anybody almost any reason except a few specific forms of discrimination prohibited by federal law, or retaliation based on a perception that somebody is trying to assert their federal employment law rights).

2-- Is reassigning your wife to Riverdale furthering a legitimate business interest of the company, *or* is this just a way to bee-itch slap her
so that she gets frustrated with the job and quits?
If that's the case, is there any evidence that the real reason for wanting her gone is that
--she's a woman
or
-- that she is over age 40 (age discrimination in employment act)?
or
-- She's of a race, color, or ethnicity that her bosses or co-workers are prejudiced against?

Back
Top Bottom