• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Forced transfer?

About 10 years before my father's retirement they moved him from Iowa to Tennessee (6 months) to Texas then GA... They were trying to make him quit but he moved every time.
Big difference between moving state to state vs to a town just around the corner. They usually pay really well when the state moves take place

One has to evaluate a number of things IMHO.
Pay, value of benefits such as vacation, 401K, insurance etc.
Do I see a future with this company?
Am I happy?
Whats the need / prospect of landing a new job that I will enjoy more?

I tell folks all the time (at work) find what makes you happy and remember that may not be what makes you the most money.

It amazes me how companies will treat their people.
It doesn't me. I've worked for Fortune 500 companies for many years. The environment does not foster loyalty or good will even when you excel at your work and productivity. You are always only one Six Sigma "re-alignment" of resources away from looking for a job.

Riverdale wasn't even nice in the seventies. However, if you want to get rid of your wife this is the opportunity and you should tell her to accept the position!

I would accept the job and tell them I am moving. Get a PO box in Riverdale. All paychecks are direct deposited nowadays, so no need to send any checks to the "new" house/apt. If anyone asks why the PO box- simple answer is that you don't trust the neighborhood.

How will the company ever know?

I would accept the job and tell them I am moving. Get a PO box in Riverdale. All paychecks are direct deposited nowadays, so no need to send any checks to the "new" house/apt. If anyone asks why the PO box- simple answer is that you don't trust the neighborhood.

How will the company ever know?
I suspect it's more a matter of her not wanting the commute. It's rare that a company demands you have a specific address.

That sucks brother, but that's life when you punch someone else's time card. Right to work has pluses and minuses, and this situation is a big minus. She can always setup her DM and catch this person violating one of the big 5 and get paid to leave or paid to stay, whichever she chooses.

Back
Top Bottom