• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? for you dual sport guys...

I might have been but is it really a 35" seat height? https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2020-KLX250?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS
If so, that wouldn't work. He's not tall enough for that and still very much a 'new' rider.

Not sure a TW would work as it could ultimately be a school commuter (though I break out in hives thinking about that).
It is tall, I’ve gotten the seat a couple inches lower than stock but still can’t flat foot it.

Whats his height and weight?

That KLX 250 is hard to beat, decent road and decent trail bike. Not too heavy, tank is big enough for all day. Very forgiving bike too. I had one and moved to a KTM 450 EXC.

The WR is a dragon compared to the KLX...

It is tall, I’ve gotten the seat a couple inches lower than stock but still can’t flat foot it.
Whats his height and weight?
He's 5' 9 1/2". Not sure he's got much growing left. Hope I'm wrong (I'm 6'0").
He's thin as a rail. I assume that'll change. He sat on a new XT at a dealer about a year ago and it fit him perfectly. Of course I realize those are probably some of the lowest sitting.

That's correct for sure. :thumb:
In the National Forest you must be licensed and it must be tagged, registered and insured.

Edited to add; There are a FEW places designated where the above isn't correct. I found them few and far between, the closest one is up towards Dahlonega and it's BUSY!

There is a great place in Dalton to ride trail bikes, dual sport, ATV’s and side by side. Name of it is Houston Valley ATV trails. MAXIMUM WIDTH OF ANY VEHICLE IS 50”, strictly enforced. Cost is $5:00 per rider per day. 25 miles of trails rated in 3 categories. Easy, More difficult and Most difficult. Google it.:thumb:

He's 5' 9 1/2". Not sure he's got much growing left. Hope I'm wrong (I'm 6'0").
He's thin as a rail. I assume that'll change. He sat on a new XT at a dealer about a year ago and it fit him perfectly. Of course I realize those are probably some of the lowest sitting.
He’s doing better than me as I’m shorter and heavier but grew up on bikes. I’ve found the KLX a little tame for my liking offroad and not capable of long distance on road travel so I’m looking to move up. The XTs are very reliable bikes and do sit lower than other 250s and from the sounds of it, he won’t miss the performance of those bikes.

XT225 or 250 is solid as can be when outright performance is not the point. They are fuel injected to make it easy and air cooled to make it simple and light. I ride with many that have them. Can't go wrong for FS roads and back roads. Great, durable fun bike.

Back
Top Bottom