• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

For 1911 fans only... your favorite flavor?

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
I posted an earlier thread about Al Capone's 1911 being auction off soon. That got me to thinking, what is the ODT's favorite flavor of 1911-style handgun?

Not so much brand (no Springfield flame wars), but what features would your ideal 1911 have? Or maybe you do have a specific model in mind.

Government, commander, or officer frame? .45, .38 Super, or 9mm? Steel or alloy? Black, FDE or stainless? Light rail or non-rail? Ambidextrous safety or single side safety? Front cocking serrations or rear serrations only? Threaded barrel or recessed crown? So many options...

So first, one I'd like to get some day is a Colt M45A1 (USMC surplus or commercial model, either one).

coltm45a1.jpg

That said, my other fav has always been a bobtail commander size 1911 in 9mm, such as the Dan Wesson Guardian. But you've GOT to change the grips out for G10s... not the slippery wooden ones it comes with.

dw-guardian.png

Les baer TRS
Worn blue
Mammoth ivory grips

kinda wish it didn’t have front serrations or was in 9mm but the other part of me knows that’s crazy talk. I’ve I ever NEED a gun, this instills so much confidence that it can’t be explained

Attachments

• 4179E204-95F8-4A1E-91D2-506C408F5046.jpeg
    4179E204-95F8-4A1E-91D2-506C408F5046.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 35
Les baer TRS
Worn blue
Mammoth ivory grips

kinda wish it didn’t have front serrations or was in 9mm but the other part of me knows that’s crazy talk. I’ve I ever NEED a gun, this instills so much confidence that it can’t be explained
Can't go wrong with a Baer. I used to have a GT Monolith Stinger. Great pistol, except for you had to over-hand slingshot it to release the slide when inserting a new mag. Pushing down on the slide stop lever with your thumb never worked -- it was a huge annoyance.

1966 Colt Gold Cup National Match that's been tastefully tinkered with. Bought it off a good friend on here recently. I already had the stags panels. Was looking for a Longmire feel.....The slide was chipping badly so I dolled it up a little, I think I'm going to have the whole gun coated soon...Don't know who did the work, but it's top notch. Would like to find a nice blued version, unmolested....
618B513C-D5C0-4C47-AB6C-01F47D9C4E3A.jpeg

9mm Steel officers frame with pic rail, commander length slide heavy barrel, Heine single dot rear sight, fiber and tritium front sight lightweight commander hammer, G10 grips, dehorned slide and frame. DLC black coating. Long flat trigger at 6 pounds with no creep and short reset. Blackpoint IWB holster and 2 mag holder. Wilson ETM mags 8 round in gun and 10 round in mag holders
Planning on building one because. I will never find one.

Back
Top Bottom