food prepping options

Good advice, that was the plan. They have a sampler pack for $85 shipped that includes six #10 cans of various stuff (beef sub, dried fruit, wheat grain, egg, potato, dried corn). Was going to give that a try and see how I like it, I figure if nothing else I can use it for backpacking trips and shop some more if it isnt exactly up to my standards.

Thanks again for the insight. As far as different brands go, are there any out there that youve noticed have higher or lower quality or shelf-life standards? Looking at taste as well as longevity, value, nutrition, and selection. I am pretty new to the preparing world so any help would be appreciated. Of course this is your business, if youre not into free consultation i totally understand :)

Its all good man! My business works off word of mouth. As for your question, honestly brother, its hit or miss with some brands. All of the brands previously mentioned have their pros and cons. (Price, taste, price, taste) Here is the best way to judge the taste of each different brand. Try them on days your really hungry. If you eat it without the need to gag, or add salt/pepper/ketchup, then you can keep it. If you think the taste is horrible, then chuck it. In a survival situation you will be just as hungry. But try another method for kids and the wife. Let them try them when they are not hungry. This way you can get their honest opinions. You do not want to be around a miserable wife and kids in a survival situation! I won't tell you which brands I think are terrible because I try to avoid bad karma. All of these survival food companies deserve a fair shot at business.
www.foodsurvivalstore.com

Back
Top Bottom