• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Foam Cutting (precision, contoured)

C.D.

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
105   0
Reaction score
Looking for someone who cuts foam on the side or part of their primary business who can cut pieces with precision and contour cuts (not just straight angles).

The project will be for cutting inserts for sample mailers of sports equipment (not firearms) for a client in Alpharetta, so it has potential to be an ongoing relationship and revenue stream. Advanced experienced amateurs or pros only please.

I've found several services online but would prefer to find someone within 20-mile or so radius form Alpharetta if at all possible (or close to me, I live in Dacula/Auburn area), but would appreciate any referrals or recommendations anywhere within the Atlanta metro area.

Thanks ODT!

funkytechmonkey is one of our resident experts. He's done some great work on rifle cases.

Send him a pm.

Thanks Hayata, appreciate it. I shot him a PM last week, he was the first person I thought of.

Another ODTer sent me a PM and indicated he's sold his table and pretty much got out of the business. Perhaps he'd be interested in getting back into it with more of a sustained demand?

FYI anyone interested, I can't say for sure, a conversation would need to take place, but I expect it's pretty reasonable to say the initial order would probably be 20 or so and some sort of demand replenishment order process would be set up for the go-forward. As for the initial sample, the pieces would be given to the pro and they'd be asked to come up with their recommendation (and a sample) to fit a common sized shipping box.

Thanks fellas,

We have a 2 water jet machines where i work. Depending on your budget and how many pieces you need, we may be able to take it on. We have some capacity on water jet right now. If you're looking for precision, they will hold +/- .005" tolerance.