• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

With the case, this cap came off the top of the case. If anybody is interested let me know.
20210714_151037.jpg

My rod just came in. I really like it. I have been fishing inshore with an 8wt fiberglass and freshwater with a 5wt fiberglass. This 10wt fast action graphite is going to take some getting used to ha. It is much stiffer than im used to.

I'm excited. Idk if I want to order a line and reel online or drive 30 miles to the fly shop and get instant gratification ha

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
10wt? Light Tarpon or Bull Reds?

10wt? Light Tarpon or Bull Reds?
It was pretty much in impulse buy. I've looked at 10wts before, but in all reality I have yet to catch a fish that the 8wt couldn't handle.

I have been toying with the idea a lot lately of making a trip to mosquito Bay or Halifax in daytona. So this was more to help enforce that plan ha.

Sage makes a hell of a good rod, but I'm not familiar with that particular model.
It's an older model, just been sitting in the closet , when I saw the trout post I figured ide throw it out there. Personally I like spinning reels with a black and chartreuse rooster tail !

It was pretty much in impulse buy. I've looked at 10wts before, but in all reality I have yet to catch a fish that the 8wt couldn't handle.

I have been toying with the idea a lot lately of making a trip to mosquito Bay or Halifax in daytona. So this was more to help enforce that plan ha.

Do it! I'm just starting to explore good fishing opportunities in Florida. I got an 11wt and am going to be focusing on the Homosassa Bay and Crystal River area for Tarpon when the time is right.

Oh I need to check those places out. They are a similar distance away.

I learned the hard way that a quick scouting trip can be very important. I focused my plans around St. George Island and the Apalachicola Bay for month and when I finally took a week off and towed my boat there... not good. Not good at all for what I wanted to do.

A few weeks later I took a quick trip to the Crystal River area. Only spent one full day and didn't even bring my boat, but was able to get a ton of info and confirm it's the place for me.

Back
Top Bottom