• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

Those were on the 5wt today. Echo river glass. Obviously nothing like the fish above ha. But still fun. Who is making the rod? Feel free to PM me if he doesn't want his name posted here.

I like the look of that rod. View attachment 3320996

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Guy from FB. Mr Ant’s Rods. Super nice guy, with a cool back story. I’m happy to support his business/hobby. I’ll put the rod in the hands of troutman troutman or Bear44 Bear44 or W Beard W Beard for a proper review at some point. Honestly I won’t necessarily know if it was a solid value or not. I like the guy so I gave him my money.

Guy from FB. Mr Ant’s Rods. Super nice guy, with a cool back story. I’m happy to support his business/hobby. I’ll put the rod in the hands of troutman troutman or Bear44 Bear44 or W Beard W Beard for a proper review at some point. Honestly I won’t necessarily know if it was a solid value or not. I like the guy so I gave him my money.

I can definitely give it a go and see how the action/feel are. Though might have to keep you away from my rods. Otherwise before you know it you will be on the hunt for more rods.

Only 6 rods troutman troutman ? Those are some rookie numbers, and I can help you pump them up. I have I think 10 rods and that is even after selling 3 off last year. Pretty sure the count is one 2wt, two 3wt, two 5ft, one 7wt, one 9wt, and three bamboos. Sold of a 4wt, 5wt, and a 10wt spey last year cause I never used them.

If i had the money, then would probably get a 3wt or 4wt boron III, another 4wt euro nymphing rod, another 7wt, and probably some nice bamboo rods.

Ok so I have a reel, assorted flies, line, backer, leaders, fly box and probably a few other things on the way. I need that rod to get here and Ill be in the yard catching shrubs :)

A friend of mine has a pond full of brim and 12" - 14" bass less than a mile from the house. Wonderful practice spot

Ok so I have a reel, assorted flies, line, backer, leaders, fly box and probably a few other things on the way. I need that rod to get here and Ill be in the yard catching shrubs :)

A friend of mine has a pond full of brim and 12" - 14" bass less than a mile from the house. Wonderful practice spot
Practice hell! That pond sounds like a fly fishing dream spot.

Practice hell! That pond sounds like a fly fishing dream spot.

It’s a fun little pond. There’s a 5lb bass in there I’ve probably caught a dozen times. There were some big bass in there before a drought and a big die off years ago. She actually dug a well and put in a pump to save the pond.

Back
Top Bottom