• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

My schedule is nutty, but if you want to learn then let me know. I used to be a competitive fly fisherman. So have a lot of equipment, and spent a lot of time learning different techniques. Also tie flies as well, so have some unique stuff you can just go out and buy.

I might take you up on that! One of the reasons I love this site. I have learned a lot from folks on here.

I might take you up on that! One of the reasons I love this site. I have learned a lot from folks on here.

Just shoot me a message whenever and we can try to work out a time. Can start you out on bass/bream if you want, or out on trout (my favorite fish to catch). As well can let you try out multiple rod set ups from the standard 9-10ft 5wt set up many use, 10-11ft nymphing rods, or some heavier streamer set ups. I think I have something like 7-9 rods. I don't really know for sure cause I have sold a couple rods, and one or two that I used to have but disappeared.........somewhere, I really don't know where.

Dumbass question- been reading that Trout fly fishing in the dead heat of the summer is no good for catch and release as it stresses the fish too much.

If so, does fishing in the early AM or late PM work for them (Trout) with regards to more O2 in the water?

Dumbass question- been reading that Trout fly fishing in the dead heat of the summer is no good for catch and release as it stresses the fish too much.

If so, does fishing in the early AM or late PM work for them (Trout) with regards to more O2 in the water?
I could see this being an issue if the water temp was high, you keep them out of the water too long or you are fighting them for a long time on very light gear. Those last two would apply regardless of temperature.

Typically, if you handle them properly it's not going to be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom